1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Does this still count as an XJ?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by thecamelman79, Feb 22, 2009.

?

Does This still count as a XJBike?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know but it's Freaking SWEET!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. thecamelman79

thecamelman79 Member

Yes or no?

Attached Files:

2. WesleyJN1975

WesleyJN1975 Member

Me Likey!

3. schooter

schooter Active Member

what is that?

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

5. 600ccmicrob1

600ccmicrob1 Member

Is there any chance of getting one of these in the US?

6. thecamelman79

thecamelman79 Member

It's a 2007 (I think) Yamaha XJR 1300. I've spent all morning trying to find one for sale this side of the Atlantic to no avail. :x I also saw the build in in the 400 and 700 variety also.

7. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

The bike in your initial pic is a 2005. They've pretty much looked the same since '03, except for color schemes and they recently changed to a 4-2-1 from the 4-2 exhaust they did have. I like them with mufflers on both sides the best.

8. stereomind

stereomind Active Member

This brings me to a question: Are sport cruisers and naked bikes really so unpopular in the States? Surely there are a good amount of people that would love a new bike that's not a V-twin, a crotch rocket or a touring monster... It's almost laughable to compare what the big boys like Honda, Yamaha, Kaw and Suzuki have to offer Stateside as opposed to rest of the world.

Case in point: the awesome-looking monster that is the XJR-1300. It looks friggin great, not too expensive as bikes go, got a huge motor... Why on earth would it not sell here?

I consider my XJs to be my prize possession.. Not cause they're super-rare, expensive, or will outrun anything on the road. They're none of those things... But they are cheap, different, super-reliable, really fun bikes with a cult following that I've not seen with ANY other bike EVER.

So, what gives?....

:?

9. thecamelman79

thecamelman79 Member

I'm not sure but in 25 years when my son is my age I will have to buy him one of these so I can play with it 8) I'm pretty sure I can keep my xj650 road worthy until then. :!:

10. Ltdave

Ltdave Member

as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    while what i say wont make me the most popular person on board but....

HARLEY is selling these this year...

[​IMG]

XR1200

11. jeff4995

jeff4995 Member

Like that XJ 1300. As far as the Harley that is the first one I actually would consider buying. Maybe us North Americans will wise up one day and the manufacturers will offer us some of those tasty European bikes. There is a lack of selection in the smaller bike range here. People need to get away from the bigger is better way of thinking and hopefully we will get a better selection of bikes here. I personally like a standard style motorcycle that can do it all or a nice sport tourer.

12. fuferman

fuferman Member

omg guys i swear i saw one of those yesterday!!! i was out for a 130mi saturday ride and glanced over and thought i saw a xj750 so i turned around and went down the side street it was on and thought to myself... what is that!!! it was in harrisburg oregon. it had full side and tail hard bags and exhaust on both sides. if i get to ride again this afternoon i'll try to go find it again and take pictures.

13. thecamelman79

thecamelman79 Member

That Harley is a V-twin! V-twins are great for farm tractors and water pumps but not meant to cruise corners, I like the idea but putting a twin on that bike is an abomination.

14. dwcopple

dwcopple Active Member

Tell that to Ducati, Honda's RC51, Suzuki's TL1000r and SV models. Have you ever seen a Harley XR750 dirt track bike? Don't get me wrong, I hate harley and all the "must buy all the logowear" groupies, but think before you post that a V-twin is no corner carver.

15. stereomind

stereomind Active Member

You forgot the Buells! :)

That XR1200 looks like a fun bike. Fuel injection, awesome brakes and suspension... It's also $11-12K.

16. jhicks13

jhicks13 Member

All I think of when I see the XR is "Man, throw on a set of clipons and stubby pipes and you'd have a pretty sweet 2 up racer"

And at 11K, that's not a fully unreasonable price for a new bike... unlike its 20K brethren

17. wingnut325

wingnut325 Member

All I know is that if I could get my hands on one the 650 would be history. The XJR is my idea of the best looking machine out there

18. RangerG

RangerG Member

XJR 1300 is a sweet bike. Kawasaki made the ZRX 1200 for a few years. Honda and Suzuki all make big bore naked/standard bikes for sale in Europe. I, for one would consider the purchase of any of these style bikes. The only new bikes in Canada I'm interested in are the FZ Yamahas, Suzuki Bandits and the Honda CBF1000. In line 4's, standard seating positions and 1/4 fairings. Sounds like my Seca, only newer! Sport touring at it's finest.

19. xulf13

xulf13 Member

That XJR1300 is a bike I will like to own someday. Maybe when it's 25 years old like my current bike is. It is a sweet looking bike.

20. xulf13

xulf13 Member

I was thinking the same thing, maybe even clubman handlebars and make it a cafe racer bike. :p