1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 xj550 seca II clutch replacement

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Cryptonik, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Cryptonik

Cryptonik New Member

Hello all! My old SECA II 550 needs it's clutch replaced. I changed the oil and flushed the case and it's still giving me the slip in the higher gears. Where is a good place to purchase replacement clutch kits at? What all do I need to replace?

2. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

First off, the Seca II was a 600 which came along in the '90s. The 550 Seca was the original (USA) Seca, produced 1981-83. A 1982 is not a Seca II. Which do you have?

For parts contact member chacal, or email him info @ XJ4Ever.com; see http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=14561.html

Most likely, just the friction plates (including the "special" one,) springs and gasket. However, without disassembling and carefully examining the existing parts it's impossible to say for sure.

Once again, knowing a bit more about your bike including how many miles are on it and its history, etc., would help us give more specific answers.

3. Cryptonik

Cryptonik New Member

Sorry 'bout that. It is a 1982 SECA 550 ergo XJ550. Miles = ~30k. The clutch has just been getting worse and more than likely just needs the friction plates, special plate, springs, and gasket. I'm really only trying to get one more riding season out of this bike before it hits the for sale bin. It's been ridden by my girlfriend, which has been her first bike. She's a pretty good rider for sure and understands how to work a clutch. I'll contact mr chacal for more information. Thanks for the help!

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

5. Cryptonik

Cryptonik New Member

Well that page is in my favorites now :D THANKS!!!