1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82 XJ 750 Seca Right side cover

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by razorsk8er, May 2, 2014.

1. razorsk8er

razorsk8er New Member

Anyone have an extra or know of a parts bike? Been hunting this for a good year now.

2. razorsk8er

razorsk8er New Member

So i picked up a right side cover off ebay last fall. Only issue with it is its Red and my bike is Silver. Anyone know a good paint to use that matches fairly closely? Not looking for spot on since it will be hidden by my leg most of the time, just the red stands out a bit much for me.

3. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Ha! The right side cover I found online was blue and my bike is red! We should trade! Anyhoo, Chacal has the paint on his site (XJ4ever). There is a link on top right of every page here. Or send him a message. His service and knowledge will blow you away!

4. razorsk8er

razorsk8er New Member

I'd be willing to trade. Send me a pic of your side cover and ill send you pics of the one i got. If they look good we can trade straight up. Blue will be easier to paint over than Red anyway.

5. cutlass79500

cutlass79500 Well-Known Member

R/S ones are hard to find for some reason all kinds of left on ebay

6. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

The reason the right side is rarer (more rare? whatever) is that that side must come off to access the battery, so it's off again, on again for every service and every winter to store it, so that side just breaks more...
    As for a trade with Razorsk8er, be warned: I was having a difficult time finding a right side cover, so the one I bought has a broken tab that has been glued back on... and not very well. I was gonna pull it off and re-glue it, but I haven't got to it yet, so if your red cover is perfect, you may wanna hold on to it!