1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Inline Fuse Help

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Khan, Mar 9, 2016.

  1. Khan

    Khan New Member

    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Virginia
    Hey all, I was messing around with my 83 750 Seca when I created a problem for myself :(

    I had most of the electrical bundle behind the headlight disconnected. Upon putting it back together I noticed the inline fuse (the one for the speedo, tach, and tail light lamps) had become torn off from its connection. My question is where I do reconnect this too?

    The fuse has one wiring end connected to the Red,Brown, and Blue female connector for the main switch, but I'm not quite sure where the other end that has become disconnected? It does not take a male/female bullet connector, as it looks to be it was soldered somewhere before. Does anyone know where and what I should wire this end too?

    I hope that makes sense,
    Thanks!
     
  2. XJ550H

    XJ550H Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    13,199
    Likes Received:
    3,869
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Great North Woods
    from ignition switch to connector for meter lights think it is 5 amp
    fuse.JPG
    there is a link in the tech forums for free down loads 750 manuals if you do not have one has wiring diagrams
    here it is
    XJ750 manuals
     
  3. Khan

    Khan New Member

    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Virginia
    I fixed my problem!

    I have a manual and an online color version of the wiring diagram, but what had me tripped up was the wiring portion that had broken was hiding from me...so when I took the entire bucket assembly off for a closer look I finally saw what I had been missing!

    Thanks for the help!
     
    XJ550H likes this.
  4. XJ550H

    XJ550H Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    13,199
    Likes Received:
    3,869
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Great North Woods
    makes you feel good to fix it on your own doesn't it? good job
     
  5. Khan

    Khan New Member

    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Location:
    Virginia
    Man the feeling is addicting. Ride it, break it, repair it, enjoy and do it all over again seems to be the thing!
     
  6. k-moe

    k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    19,697
    Likes Received:
    6,787
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    The City of Seven Hills
    Spend mre time on going through every component to fix all of the potential issues and you'll spend a lot more time riding than fixing.
     
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    XJ550H likes this.
  7. cgutz

    cgutz Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,203
    Likes Received:
    721
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    SE South Dakota
    Although sometimes I have tried preventative maintenance only to have it go south. Went to open and clean the turn signal bulb holders even though working fine. Dorked one turnsignal up as the lens cover screws snapped while removing. Had to buy a replacement turn signal. In this case, should have left the sleeping (working) dog lie.

    However, safety issues I'm a firm believe in preventative maintenance!
     
  8. k-moe

    k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

    Messages:
    19,697
    Likes Received:
    6,787
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    The City of Seven Hills
    Age and corrosion did that, not you. At some point you wold have either had to replace the signal, or drilled the head off of the screw and had a go at extracting the stuck fastener. Imagine that your turn signal burns out while on a trip somewhere. Which is preferable, replacing the bulb, or fighting with a screw that could have been tended to at home?

    On a motorcycle, just as on an airplane, everything is a safety item.
     
    cgutz likes this.

Share This Page