1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale 82 Seca 750

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by Richard Elbon, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Richard Elbon

Richard Elbon Active Member

Hi all,I’d like to get a rough idea of what an 82 Seca 750 would bring. Two of them,one 24,000miles,stock, beautiful condition,new paint,seat,mechanically excellent. Two 22,000 miles also stock,unrestored but excellent condition. Not exact but ballpark figures. Thanks everyone.

2. kerriskandiesinc

kerriskandiesinc Active Member

Pictures tell a thousand stories....

timothy guay likes this.
  3. Richard Elbon

Sorry but keeping that “in the barn” so to speak for now. The first one is virtually perfect in every way with a recent cosmetic restoration, second is nice I would say average or better daily rider type. Going this weekend to drag them out so will take pics as I go. I sold a non runner 82 750 Maroon one for $750 a few months ago and recently found these twins in a barn,kind of thinking around $1500 for #1 maybe 8 to 9 for the other. No 1 is spectacular, a real find.

4. timothy guay

timothy guay New Member

Get those barn doors open and post some pics

5. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Hardly anybody here will buy anything sight unseen. Too often we have some newbie sign on trying to sell a bike quick., and so they think that "Oh, I'll sign up for this group....a bunch of Xj fanatics who will scoop this up in a second--then I'll get out of Dodge before they even know what hit them.". They fail to realize something----that we can usually tell THEM more about their bike than THEY even know about their bike. SO--if you're not providing pictures, you're not giving too much incentive to many of us to even bother.

Door dude likes this.
  6. joe elliff

joe elliff Active Member

Have the barn doors been opened yet? To be fair, markets vary greatly by region for obvious reasons.
    I will start for ya then with a pic. This is a sub 1k$ bike here in the rust belt. 26k miles. Repainted and the touring pkg. running and no unreasonable issues for its age

Your turn for pics and information again!

Attached Files:

Jetfixer and timothy guay like this.
  7. hogfiddles

And that same bike would probably go around $1800-2000 here, maybe a bit more if you hit the timing just right. BUT, that's cuz it has all the optional tour-pack goodies with it.

8. Richard Elbon

Going to get one tomorrow and the other Wednesday. When I have them I’ll post

9. Jetfixer

Jetfixer Well-Known Member

I gave 850$ for my 82xj750 seca , mine MIGHT be worth 1600$ to the right person.

Attached Files:

10. Richard Elbon

Well bummer, BOTH of them sold the same day. One in Eugene Oregon,one in Tacoma Washington. Time to get back to looking.

11. Richard Elbon

I like the yellow on yours. Appears to be the same as on my 92 SecaII

12. timothy guay

timothy guay New Member

56F5F380-F39C-4178-8C55-7D4CC7C21120.jpeg I paid $1800 for mine, worth every penny, bike I’ve always wanted since my buddy bought one brand new in ‘82. Runs great, no issues, no leaks, etc. Replaced seat with original, grips to original, and new ignition switch. And man that Seca sound, NOTHING compares...

k-moe, Paul Howells, Tim O and 3 others like this.
  13. timothy guay

timothy guay New Member

Should have mentioned pic was taken before new seat and grips swapped out for stock originals.

14. Richard Elbon

A beauty

timothy guay likes this.
  15. Richard Elbon

Well I found another one. 1982 Seca 750 gunmetal gray color. Has a separate,same color handlebar type fairing which looks original according to the pictures on this site. Owner passed,and wife is selling it. 19,000 or so miles. Sitting since 08. Price agreed upon at $600, should be back here later today. Pics will be taken as I go. There is another one I’m looking at I’ve gone to see already,solid bike needing to get rid of the putrid chocolate brown color that was brushed on in the eighties. Low miles also but has been a daily and I think it has around 30,000 miles. Anyone interested in an 80 Kawasaki 1000 with 128 miles? 1200 asking. I can’t buy it now but I can vouch for its mileage. Unbelievable as new. As a telephone tech I was at his farm about 20 years ago and talked with the owner. He got hurt on the farm and had to park it. Look it up on Portland Oregon Craigslist

timothy guay likes this.
  16. Richard Elbon

I looked at Craigslist a few minutes ago and it’s gone. Oh well.

17. Richard Elbon

Been gone for awhile, on my never ending search for bikes to refurbish. To let everyone know who I am and what I do,I’m an active bike and car flipper.Having done top level Mopar restorations for years I felt it time to slow down and work on bike flipping. Been doing it for years and the reason I keep things in the barn so to speak is because there are others in my area that do the same thing and are competing for the same bikes. I didn’t ask anyone to buy something sight unseen, just a general idea of worth. I know for a fact you can get 4 to 7 thou into a restoration and Iwont do it if the bike won’t bring the money. I use whatever forums I can to get info on what I’m working on. Seca,XS,GS,GT CBX and so on.I use Craigslist a lot but word of mouth,car/bike events and so on is where I get contacts.Ill look anywhere.I bought a complete running solid 1970 Superbee 383 4 spd for $1900 off a 3x5 card on a bulletin board at the local little general store.But Craigslist is my media of choice. I’m an older guy I started riding in 1971 and ride my 83 GS 1100E bought new today, Ive been around motorcycles since I was 17. I may be new to this site but I’m not a newby at anything.

18. hogfiddles

So, if I'm understanding correctly---these weren't yours that you were actually selling

19. Richard Elbon

Both of them sold.I was going to try to get both but coincidentally sold the same day. Found another 82 gunmetal grey color 19,000 mile OG owner waiting for the title to get there. $600 Maybe I didn’t make myself clear the first two posts. I was only asking for a general idea of their value. No where did I say I had anything for sale.

20. hogfiddles

I guess it's just me.... but it sure seemed like the implication was that you had them for sale. Very clever wording, then.