1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale Bikes 2000 Yamaha XJR1300SP, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by XJ900g2, Oct 20, 2018.

1. XJ900g2

XJ900g2 New Member

Hi,

Long-time Seca 900 lover and owner here.
    Unfortunately, with a long-term car restoration complete I have new space issues and may need to sell if I can't work out a sensible storage solution*If a deal is made I would also ask for 1st right of refusal if it is ever resold down the line.

2000 XJR1300SP

Could be the only XJR1300SP in the country. If you've wanted one, this is a chance to have what no one else (at least in the US) has.

There is obviously no US market, although given the rarity and condition I am asking 10k and considering offers.

The XJR continued the XS, XJ, FJ and FJR Yamaha lineage, combining tremendous performance, handling, and comfort, in an air-cooled, brutal naked, muscle-bike package. Smooth, on-demand torque with low-end off the line power.

This particular model was never offered in the US and is exclusive to Europe and Japan only. In speaking with the previous owner, the bike was very close to being destroyed by the government importation official and sent back over the pond in pieces. Apparently, someone had a little compassion and spared the bike at the 11th hour. This particular bike was originally sold in Austria, and although unsubstantiated and undocumented, may have been an XJR1300SP World Cup participant. In speaking with Yamaha overseas, they unfortunately do not have a historical data base for definitive traceability.

This bike is located in Southern California, titled in my name, registered, and insured in the state of California.

If you didn't know the SP premium package was offered exclusively in Europe and Japan from 99-01' only, and included for 2000 a one-year only Kenny Roberts special speed block paint scheme, stitched supportive comfort seat, Ohlins rear piggy-back shocks, as well as stiffer front springs for enhanced handling. The XJR1300SP is already becoming a collector bike overseas - particularly these early carbureted models.

I have serviced the bike thoroughly and it is in perfect mechanical order - turn key, new tires etc. , and no disappointments. Lots of fun right out of the box. Inspections are welcome and along with rides with deposit.

Low original kilometers (KM speedometer) - about 19k miles, and counting. The original Yamaha Purplish-Blue paint is in great shape as well. Bike also includes a rare 3/4 fairing, as well as a full black body kit, including tank.

The XJR continued the XS, XJ, FJ and FJR Yamaha lineage, combining tremendous performance, handling, and comfort, in an air-cooled, brutal naked, muscle-bike package. Smooth, on-demand torque.

2001 Kawasaki ZRX

48 state bike, free of California smog equipment. I've ridden CA models and 48 state bikes are noticeably quicker.
    $4600, and considering offers. IMG_5759 (1).JPG IMG_5768.JPG
    16k miles, fresh service, valve adjust, and carb clean. Bike is very quick and comfortable and includes a Corbin double-girlfriend seat and the original.
    Nice original paint.

Attached Files:

SpearChucker and Franz like this.
  2. Villager

Villager New Member

Sent you a PM ...

(First time trying a PM, hope it worked)

3. Tim O

Tim O Active Member

Love the bike.... wish I could swing it...

4. XJ900g2

XJ900g2 New Member

Received PM and replied with email

5. XJ900g2

XJ900g2 New Member

Thanks for the love Tim. Hard to keep the front wheel down and comfy.
    Love your ride too Bub.

6. XJ900g2

XJ900g2 New Member

Both bikes are sold. Thanks