1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 XT125

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Timbox, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

I wanted this bike for some time, the only issue is that I had to buy not just one bike but three bikes when I wanted to buy the XT125. So, got a 1980 SR250 Yamaha and a 1974 CB360 Honda twin. All bikes were in different stages of storage times.

Here is the XT and the Honda.
    [​IMG]20190704_151014 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
    This is the SR250
    [​IMG]DSCN0316 by Tim Brown, on Flickr
    Been trying to sell the little SR250 over the last week, so many tire kickers and no one is dropping any money. Lots of test driving and "got a good price" but no buying.

To the XT125:
    The carb was so bad that I could not get the pin from the upper part of the carb out of the emulation tube. The throttle cable goes in the from the top and it is a screw in type. Anyway, was not able to salvage it so ordered a cheap one from Amozon and guess what. Two kicks and the bike started with a $18 carb.

The rear wheel is in issue and need to be worked on. There are a few broken spokes that I will guess need to be replaced. I don't really know what my intentions are with this bike besides keeping it on my property for playing around in the woods.

I hope to sell the other two, the Honda stared with a shot of starting fluid but the carbs were nasty. Here is hoping it comes back to life as well.

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

That Honda twin is a stout engine. She should be a rider with not much work.

3. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

Yes the XT and the Honda were the only two bikes I wanted, he made it a stipulation that all three bikes had to go. It was a okay price, if I sell the SR250 I will be happy.

4. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

SR250 sold to a good buyer from around IL. Drove all the way here, looked her over real well. Test ride and put her in the back of the truck. Never even asked about the price, I like that.

The XT rear wheel is too far gone, so had to go to ebay and get one. It is being shipped and didn't cost a arm and a leg.

The carbs on the CB360 I kinda cleaned. I just wanted to make sure the bike ran before I put too much time and money in it. Set the valves today, both IN were way too tight and only 1 EX was tight. Started button will need to be cleaned and fixed, had to jump the solenoid, but turned over like a champ. Carb 1 was leaking as I knew the bowl gasket was shot, but she fired and ran very well for nasty carbs and having one tore diaphragm. Pulled the carbs again and took the all the way down. Cleaning them up and need new rubber seals for jets. The diaphragm I will be getting from these guys. http://jbmindustries.com/Keihin_diaphragm.html I have not ordered from them but for the price and the way they fit, lets hope it works out well. I have to change them, they were gummy and rolling paper thin.

5. firebane

firebane Active Member

SR250s are good little bikes for a beginner if they are in good shape. A weeeee bit buzzy at higher speeds because of the single cylinder setup.

6. Timbox

Timbox Well-Known Member

That little thing put a smile on my face. I was shocked at how well it did ride, even thought I am a bigger CC kinda a guy, normally a 750 or above, I did find joy in riding her. Went to a great guy for his daughter.