1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1983 Seca Turbo

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Kingsshadow, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Kingsshadow

Kingsshadow New Member

Having a problem with the front brakes. Small amount of pressure in the lever, and I am not getting any fluid down in the calipers. I also need a new fuel pump. Any idea where I can get one for real checp besides a wrecking yard?

2. MacMcMacmac

MacMcMacmac Member

3. phillyturbo

phillyturbo Member

bleed the brakes with a hand vac pump from the calipers that should help the brakes alot it did wonders for mine

4. Kingsshadow

Kingsshadow New Member

Actually I thoroughly cleaned the master cylinder and cleaned the pistion, works great now, and I have gotten a Carter fuel pump that will deliver the appropriate psi to the motor. Now I am having carb problems since the professional idiot I took my baby to decided a bench synch would be "good enough to help stabilize the rpm's, had a nice chat with him and didn't have to pay since he didn't do what he promised. Irritated and frustrated to get my baby back to road potential now. Any ideas on this now?

5. 82XJTurbo

82XJTurbo Member

How old are your brake lines? Did you rebuild the master cylinder? The below images are what happens when you take a shortcut and just "clean out" the master cylinder instead of doing the job properly. Don't fool around and take any chances on the brakes, these bikes had sub-standard brakes to begin with.

This is what happens when a small piece of crud suddenly blocks the return port of the master cylinder.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. devo

devo New Member

82xjt, What did you do to fix that chin fairing? I just bought a seca turbo and the chin fairing is gone. If I could even find a broken one I could fix it.
    Thanks

7. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

keep an eye on ebay...I saw one there the other day. Amazingly, there is still a pretty good selection of parts. Heck, I'm buying some parts that I don't even need but I'm afraid they won't be available in 10 years.

jeff