1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Hello from the Uk. (xj650)

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by TeflonTait, Sep 30, 2007.

1. TeflonTait

TeflonTait New Member

hi guys, thought i'd share my XJ650 project. Really loving the bike. After years of chain driven bikes the Shaftie is so hassle free.

But first, A bit about me. I'm 24 from the Uk and work as a carbon fibre laminator, building the Tesla roadster. Telsa Motors

I know the bike isn't to everyones taste but the colour lent itself to a millitary styled Rat bike.

As with all projects its never quite finished, Currently working on fitting an Entrenching tool to the LH fork leg, A belt of 7.62 copperheads to the release catch of LH ammo box, and a British Army Vehicle fire extinguisher to the LH footpeg hanger. I've also taken off the S10 Respirator from the headlamps and replaced it with the original XJ round lamp. (Fitting the S10 onto the top yoke as clock surrounds.)

As for other bits done to the bike, the rear indicators are Angle head torches with dark filters, (still flash orange). The 58 pattern bum roll above the headlamp holds my waterproofs, And i've just ordered a stage 3 dynojet kit and K&N filters.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kontiki

kontiki Member

That's awsome. I love the military theme. Thanks for the post, keep up the good work, its a great looking XJ.

3. Robert

Robert Active Member

TeflonTait, your ride is just amazing! The flashlight turn signals are a clever touch! The overall theme is very enjoyable, I never envisioned something like that for a Seca. Welcome to the fold and post more photos please!

4. daveflick

daveflick Member

I Love it!
    Great work and very creative. I would never have thought of that theme, but you've done a great job. Is that a gas mask holding the headlamps?

5. Hvnbnd

Hvnbnd Active Member

I gotta tell you, I went to the Tesla motors site....WOW!!!!

I WANT ONE!!!

OK

Back to Reality world....... I still want one!!

What a cool job!!!

6. TeflonTait

TeflonTait New Member

Yes mate, S10 respirator is the current British Army issue gas mask. Its no longer on the headlamps now, but on the top yoke as clock surrounds!!

Lol. $50k and you can have the bog standard model..... but you would be able to say you drive the same car as:

George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Matt Damon, Flea, will.i.am, Dennis Haysbert. and a few other names. :lol: :lol:

Now.... I've spent the last three days brainstorming over an idea for a Vulcan cannon styled exhaust... while looking for some pics today i came across Tailgunnner Exhausts found one store in the Uk that sells them but wants stupid money for it.... :( Going to have to start saving.

7. CharlesCollins

CharlesCollins Member

Old post, but MAN that is SWEET!