1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

what in the what??

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by mcrwt644, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. mcrwt644

    mcrwt644 Member

    Messages:
    881
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Winchester, VA
    I was messing around with my maxim x's ignition (now my dads bike, I'm such a nice guy) and got the bike to lock (ignition). I also found that there is one click beyond that...the parking lights up front came on. I've never seen this...what is it, and why would yamaha put it on there???
     
  2. woot

    woot Active Member

    Messages:
    1,244
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.777479+-
    It's for Europe. It's called 'Park'. When you park on the street you are supposed to leave it on park so that the corners of your vehicle are marked.

    A few bikes I've owned have had it... maybe they were just keeping the bikes as common as possible, or possibly you have some euro parts on your bike.
     
  3. mcrwt644

    mcrwt644 Member

    Messages:
    881
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Winchester, VA
    thanks
     
  4. Foximus

    Foximus Member

    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Orlando
    when i put it in park on my bike the headlight comes on.... Im sure this is just my oversight when i made a new wiring harness though....
     
  5. Oblivion

    Oblivion Active Member

    Messages:
    866
    Likes Received:
    176
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Location:
    Northeast Illinois
    Despite being warned, in the first week or two I had my bike, I cooked my battery by going beyond 'Lock' into 'Park." D'oh!

    BTW, I noticed you were 'messing around' and seemingly stumbled across the steering lock. The trick (if you didn't know) is that the steering head has to be full left to engage the lock.

    I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious.
     
  6. HooNz

    HooNz Member

    Messages:
    622
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Australia
    Trivial thing too oblivion but also full right :) , and da parking lights sure are a idea from the uk/eu mcrwt644 , as in da old days due to really narrow streets and no garages in houses due to no room tis why parking lights were law from very early on as one parked on the street at home , these days some cars only turn on the revelent roadside parkers [front and back one side] , took only 50 years to think of it.
     

Share This Page