1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

looking for crash bars for xj650

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by atlantiandreams, Aug 25, 2008.

1. atlantiandreams

atlantiandreams New Member

hello all,
    i have been looking all over e bay for a set of crash bars for my 82 xj650 and apparentley if i had a honda this would be an easier job. i want to mount highway pegs on them so i guesse i could settle also for a set of highway pegs and extenders for the bike. anyone out there that has these items or knows what i should type into e bay to find these.
    thanks

2. stevedyndiuk

stevedyndiuk New Member

I have some crash bars that I took off 81 xj650. Let me get some pics up this evening I have to go to work now. They aren't perfect but not bad. They have pegs on the inside, they are chrome, but I found them a bit close to the motor for my legs liking. Do you have any thing to trade? I desperately need a new seat cover and would really like to have a stock right side mirror. Or I would let them go cheap. I am in maine.

3. atlantiandreams

thanks steve,
    i look forward to seeing the pics. i am sorry but i do not have either of the items that you would like.

4. stevedyndiuk

stevedyndiuk New Member

here are some pics. I would sell this for 40 bucks plus shipping. You wouldn't happen to have a windshield? Just checking. Let me know what you think and I will find out how much to pack and ship. I can't imagine it would be much.

Attached Files:

5. jswag5

jswag5 Member

i have a similar setup on my 750, but i dont think they were designed for the maxim, if you have some skills and dont mind fabbing up a few parts you could make any crash bar fit.

Attached Files:

6. atlantiandreams

thanks but i am not very mechanically inclined though i am working on that a step at a time. i realy like those ape hangers though are those 14"s they look tight.

7. jswag5

jswag5 Member

not sure they actual brand or any spec on em, just held them up to the bike while i was at the salvage yard and said, yeop ill take em, thats the same way with that crash bar. i had to remove a bolt toward the bottom of the down tubes and put a piece of 1/8 piece of steel with a couple holes in it in to mount the bars. i will try to get close ups, the hardest bart was bending the top mounting flange of the highway bars toward the front to get it to sit right onto the frame.