1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

She Lives again!!!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by maxim82, Oct 12, 2008.

1. maxim82

maxim82 Member

She Lives again!!! This evening I fired my baby up for the 1st time in... 14 years (I think).
    And YES I'm grinning ear-to-ear :D
    I want to thank everyone here for the help, patience, and understanding as I worked on my bike. I know y'all had to deal with alot of nubie questions, but hey you gotta start somewhere.
    Obviously I still have some "tweaking" to do but it sure was nice to hear and feel her come back to life after her long slumber.
    Thanks again EVERYONE! :D

12,850 miles and about to start adding some gentle ones soon

2. Rspaulding

Rspaulding New Member

Congratulations. Now you should be out riding :)

3. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

do a real sync while it's running, it'll bring a smile to your face, guaranteed

4. dqnjuan

dqnjuan Member

congrats!! thats def a good feeling, riding will make that grin even bigger.

5. alkasmeltzer

alkasmeltzer Member

Kewl!!! Got mine running again this summer, too. 81 Maxim 550. Just turned 10K. Dad's old bike!!! Got it after he passed in June.

Great feeling to ride again. Haven't had a bike since I got married in 86. Marriage lasted all of 13 months. What a waste!! :roll:

6. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Cool cool cool! Another successful resurrection. Congrats, it's quite a feeling of accomplishment. Plus another XJ is back on the road. It's a good day, tater.

7. maxim82

maxim82 Member

Thanks everyone. I forgot a few things I did along the way I was so excited to hear her run. I also drained the gas tank, put a cheapo inline fuel filter on, have a 2 gallon gas jug I filled, set the petcock to "On", filled the tank, set the petcock to "Pri", and ran the gas back into the gas jug. A lot of funky junk went through the clear hose (temp) and got caught in the filter. I don't know how many times I did this cycleing of gas (whenever I got bored usually) but enough that the gas turned orange. I decided to use brand new gas after seeing that. *lol* This morning I fired her up again with a fan blowing on the engine to give her some breeze while I heated up the oil to drain it. I'm off now to get a new filter and fresh oil. :D