1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Update on Jeffrey Covington ( BlueMaxim )

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by ShadowHawk, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Member

I just got off the line with Tish (Jeffrey Covington's wife). Jeffrey is still in the hospital. He was at interstate speed when he hit the debris in the road - and landed on his right side - so has road-rash on legs and right arm. He's also got some fractured ribs. Good news is that his memory is coming back.

As of 6:10pm CST - she's still got no indication from the doctors as to when he'll be released. I passed along to her - all of our healing sentiments from the XJ group.

Thanks
    Rex S.

2. Zookie400

Zookie400 Active Member

OUCH!

SWEEEEEET!!! that is excellent.

i guess ill be the first to ask......how is the bike? :(

3. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Member

Whether his bike is okay or not - doesn't matter...

4. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jeffs family. Hope for a swift recovery.

5. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

It sounds as though Jeffrey's injuries are a lot less serious than they could have been---he's still alive. We can all be glad he wasn't killed outright, a freeway accident is no laughing matter. Seems like this one was unavoidable which makes it even scarier. Speedy recovery, Jeff!

6. Victa

Victa Member

Wow, I don't know Jeff, but i'm praying for a speedy recovery!! Glad you're alive man.

7. jswag5

jswag5 Member

i can tell you i have hit road debris before, and i got lucky, about a year ago i hit a 2x4 going about 45, and only bent a rim, i got lucky, and i hope Jeff gets healed up quick. Many good thoughts to him and his family.

8. spinalator

spinalator Member

Jeff has been very active on this forum and the Xj mailing list. Get well soon!

9. schooter

schooter Active Member

i was taught in training to stand up slightly off the seat, and gas it when you are going to hit something, like a 2x4, we did it at about 15 mph, but 40 man, you'd need to wheelie pretty good, and 60 like i normally go, oof

-but anyways, i hope he recovers completely, isnt financially hurt (dumb insurance companies), and will continue riding.
    Get well

10. BlueMaxim

BlueMaxim Active Member

Hey guys, I'm home now. Rex, you know I love ya man! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate and need them. I can't type well since my hands are sore and swollen so I'll be brief. I don't remember the accident or about half of Thursday. I will heal. I cracked three ribs on my right side and bruised bones in both hands and my right foot. I have heard the damage to the bike is cosmetic but haven't examined it myself. A truck dropped it's driveshaft in front of me and I hit it. Bent the cast alloy front wheel which probably blew out the front tire. I just don't know since I don't remember anything.
    My wife and son got me through this. They were saints for me at the hospital. I love them so. I'm afraid I scared my daughter and I don't know what to do about that. But I will talk to her and hold her tight. I'll sign off and cry tears of joy over them now but thanks for all you guys do.

11. schooter

schooter Active Member

oooh, what TERRIBLE luck, dropping a drive shaft right in front of you, gosh, no time to react, hmmm sorry, it must have been a Ford, i always keep my distance from them incase God sees how much of a piece fo junk they are and makes them explode, but serioulsy, wow, keep the underwear u were wearing cuz you have to be thankful, someone was watching out for you. May you have a speedy recovery, be thankful for family and friends to help you
    When my grandfather had a stroke and we went down to see him every other day, it was a couple hour drive, he had a roommate, i never knew what he had, but he would always talk to us about how nice it was that we would come visit our grandfather, no one ever came to visit him, and he was really depressed about it. made things worse for him, had to go to critical care, idk if he lived or not, but ya. it really helps mentaly, which is half the recovery.

12. Rspaulding

Rspaulding New Member

Glad to see ya back on here. And I hope you have a speedy recovery. And make a bunch of money off of the other guy's insurance

13. TheHound

TheHound Active Member

Glad you're healing.
    Family's real important.
    When I almost laid it down last summer, my only thought was my daughter will never forgive me.

14. Riens

Riens New Member

Best wishes for a full & speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you and your family.

15. coachholland

coachholland Member

Welcome back man. Doesn't matter about the bike. It can be replaced if need be. You can't. You're back at home and that's the most important thing.

:D <--- to happy endings.

16. bill

bill Active Member

Glad your on the mend. Hope you have a speedy recovery. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

17. nikoteen

nikoteen Member

Yikes! That's bad luck
    BUT, you are safe and well. That's definately the most important thing.
    Get well soon matey.
    Best wishes from across the pond.

18. spinalator

spinalator Member

Glad you are not more seriously injured. A driveshaft??? Frick that is scary...

There was a lady killed locally a few years ago by a piece of large truck that fell off, bounced and came through the windshield and hit her in the face. The trucker likely never knew it happened, and kept on driving.

19. Zookie400

Zookie400 Active Member

schooter....it was a POS john deere.

well i guess since we now know you are on the rebound, we will wait for that "parts wanted" thread.........im just breaking stones because you are "ok" of course. im sure your daughter will "get over it", girls spook easy.....like deer.

good to hear you kicked that driveshafts ass!!! thank god it wasnt a super spicer! (really BIG driveshafts on class 8 stuff)

20. schooter

schooter Active Member

nah, you know it was the agco new holland crap, just held on there by chinese sodder scrapped from old wwII planes that were too inferior to fly, leave the agco crap to the Europeans, Deere all the way.

We bought 2 new agco challengers in the past 6 months, havent stopped wrenchin on them, thankfully its all warranty work, only thing that broke on all of our john deeres was a GPS speedo, ok well sorry for thread hi-jack, get well soon, i would recomment a beard rub from chuck norris to heal u fast... yep