1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

xj650 maxim cafe (pics)

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by sloestar, Nov 9, 2008.

1. sloestar

sloestar New Member

ive been lurking on this site for quite some time now and i felt that it was finally time to introduce myself and my bike. i started out "cafeing" an 81 honda cx500, but after getting sick of trying to seal a sieve of a motor, i found someone that wanted to trade for an 82 xj650 maxim.
    [​IMG]
    the only mod i did when we traded was swap handlebars so i got to keep my clipons.

so far, ive swapped the tank for a seca tank (i had the dents removed and painted), an acewell "all in one" due to my tach not working, new turnsignals and lower headlight bracket, a fiberglass cafe seat from ebay (i fabbed up the seatpan out of fiberglass and upholstered it), and pod filters (oh, and it came with the 4into1 kerker)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i have to finish up some odds and ends and it should be back on the road soon.

2. Ease

Ease Member

Hey, I like it so far man. Keep up the good work.

3. Rspaulding

Rspaulding New Member

Nice work. I really like what you did with the rear end. The Cafe seat thing I have been thinking about doing something like that to mine.