1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1986 maxim x xj700 for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by ordale, Mar 20, 2008.

1. ordale

ordale New Member

yes its for sale and the only thing wrong with it is that the carbs are leaking. I have taken them off so I can clean them. Not being to familiar with carbs I hope I do good enough. My friend said it was probally the float just as this forum said. Im not going to deep into the carbs myself other than take the #3and #4 floats off and thats it. Hopefully if somebody wants it they will know what to do because other than that there is nothing wrong with this bike except normal wear and the speedometer does a buzz. Super powerful bike that I really Like ALOT. if anybody is seriously interested I will give more details. IM not in a rush to sell bike but I would like it to go to someone who is passionate about these bikes because it means something to me if that makes sense. shoot me an email and Ill get some pics if you want and again please only if your interested and I live in lower alabama off the coast. ordaleharvey@hotmail.com

2. cereal_killer

cereal_killer Member

3. ordale

ordale New Member

well I took the carbs out and treated them with Sea Foam and put them back on. The bike of course smoked for a bit then started leaking again. well I started it today and bam it quit leaking and stopped smoking. I believe the smoke was from all the build up in the carbs. It even runs better than before. I had to adjust the carbs a little to get it idleing right though but all is well. Thanks SEA FOAM

4. ordale

ordale New Member

never mind they are leaking again. I dont have the time or experience to fix this. As much as I love this bike I dont think its for me. So any offers will be considered. Im sure its simple but a mechanic will probally take every penny I have. :?

5. ordale

ordale New Member

this is my bike for sale so make me an offer

Attached Files:

6. ordale

ordale New Member

Ive been looking on ebay and there was a bikefor 2200.00 so I guess my price is to high with leaking carbs so Ive decided to drop my price to 1700.00 . I beleive thats fair cause I could probally get more just parting it out. still if you think thats steep then drop me a line. This bike is great it just needs some carb work done.

Attached Files:

7. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

nice bike. Honestly, the bike probably only needs a float bowl gasket. The carbs are not really fun to get on and off, but check the yamaha dealer, see what they get, I bet you could have her up and not leaking for about $200 or less. Don't give up on her, she's nice!

8. MaximumX

MaximumX Member

I wouldn't give up on her that easy. Leaking carbs shouldn't be all that hard to fix and that's a really nice, clean bike.

9. ordale

ordale New Member

Thanks it really is a nice bike and fun to drive its just finances are worse than normal lately and I am still considered a newb since Ive only been riding a year so I was thinking about down grading

10. ordale

ordale New Member

Ill probally give it another weekor so on here then maybe try ebay. This is a great site and it is nice to be apart of it. Maybe it wont sell and ill have to fix it oneday. Thanks :D

11. Piersol

Piersol Member

Try tapping on the sides of the carbs with the wooden handle of a hammer. If the floats stick, fuel will run out through the overflow tube because the float is not shutting off the flow.

12. ordale

ordale New Member

thanks I will try that in the morning. Ill let you know if I achieve results.

13. ordale

ordale New Member

didnt work but thanks anyway for your interest.

14. ordale

ordale New Member

well I tried the parting out thing and thought about it since not to many wanted alot so I will sell the bike for 1200.00 or best offer. I even tried to trade some people for different (smaller bikes). Throw anything at me and I will go with the best offer even if its less than I want. I will give it a week then maybo go on ebay. Ebay is really my last option since I know alot of people on here love these bikes is why I hope someone on here gets her. :?

15. ordale

ordale New Member

16. mike3469697

mike3469697 New Member

just got on this site was wondering what happend with your bike