1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

need advice on what exhaust to purchase.

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by XJRider, Nov 9, 2008.

1. XJRider

XJRider New Member

1983 XJ 750 MK

I recently, 4 weeks ago, got into a small accident where some dude pulled out in front of me and I had to down the bike and slide into him. My far left exhaust tube got smashed against the trailer hitch and I need to replace the cast aluminum collar and that one primary pipe. Does anyone have one of these primary tubes I could buy or if not I should just replace the whole exhaust. I don't want it to come out on one side so i am trying to figure out what would be the best. Money is not an issue I liked the way the bike sounded with the factory exhaust but I am not opposed to having something better. I do not want to jet the bike nor do pods or anything.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

2. wrenchmaster

wrenchmaster New Member

Email chacal at info@xjforever he has just about every thing you need
    for your xj, great to deal with and fast shipping.
    I have received many items for my xj from him and have been very satisfied.
    wrench

3. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

See what chacal says, if not: eBay or salvage yards. One pipe and a collar shouldn't be too hard to locate. Might want to put a "wanted" post in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" forum. I HAVE extras of both of those but they're for the 550s. I'm sure someone has a couple extra 750 bits...

4. dinoracer

dinoracer Member

I have a couple of extra ones for the turbo's If I remember correctly you will need to know what cyl it is since they are slightly different.

Sean