1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Copyrighted Logo?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by sushi_biker, Feb 13, 2009.

  1. sushi_biker

    sushi_biker Member

    Messages:
    576
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Maryland
    Is the XJ logo copyrighted?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. bill

    bill Active Member

    Messages:
    2,813
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    Send a PM off to snosheriff he owns the site. I would bet it is
     
  3. sushi_biker

    sushi_biker Member

    Messages:
    576
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Maryland
    Ok, I'll ask him. I was considering putting it on my tank. ;)

    Or perhaps making a jacket patch out of it. I'm certainly not trying to make any money off of it.
     
  4. KrS14

    KrS14 Active Member

    Messages:
    1,642
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    St Marys, Ontario
    That's a good idea actually, i was gunna put the tuning forks on my tank in vinyl, but maybe that logo would be a better fit if Sno doesn't mind.
     
  5. Altus

    Altus Active Member

    Messages:
    1,489
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    London, Ontario
    Actually guys that's not the XJ logo -- that's the logo of the bulletin board package the site uses, "Dragonfly CMS".

    If you look at the very bottom of any page, click on "Code Credits", and in there you'll see:
    Dragonflyâ„¢ Logo The Dragonflyâ„¢ logo was designed by Brian Monnone, with a link to his site:
    www.monnone.com

    However, having said that it looks like it might be under the GPL and so it might be useable -- do a little research.
     
  6. bill

    bill Active Member

    Messages:
    2,813
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    Cool I had no idea where it came from. The only logo I have seen is the tuning forks
     
  7. KrS14

    KrS14 Active Member

    Messages:
    1,642
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    St Marys, Ontario
    That took the want to use it away :)
     
  8. crewwolfy

    crewwolfy Member

    Messages:
    262
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Chicago, IL, USA
    You don't need to worry about putting a trademarked Yamaha logo on your XJ's tank. The last thing Yamaha wants to do is go after a proud owner of their product for something that only helps them. A jacket patch would be fine, too. So long as you're not distributing anything, you have nothing to worry about.

    This applies to large companies. Smaller name logos, while also probably fine, it couldn't hurt to ask.

    I can't imagine anyone would mind if you used this logo on your XJ:
    [​IMG]

    :)
     
  9. sushi_biker

    sushi_biker Member

    Messages:
    576
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Maryland
    Hm...well I guess it'd be silly to use a forum software logo. The tuning forks are cool. I saw some leather, Yammy sportbike jackets at the DC bike show that looked cool. Maybe I should just put that on my tank and jacket.

    All I know is that the word "YAMAHA" in plain gold font is simply BORING.
     

Share This Page