1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

LOL ... i cant stop laughing

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by midnightblu, Apr 13, 2009.

1. midnightblu

midnightblu Member

2. bill

bill Active Member

If that engine has been rebuilt.... Doesn't look like it's been touched

Oh well there are a lot of dreamers out there. Was good for a laugh.

I love the one on Ebay with the big puddle of fluid under it. I actually wrote him and told him a different picture would improve his chances. No answer...

3. SLKid

SLKid Active Member

Ha ha. Good compression on engine, but hasnt been turned over in months. HmMmMmmm.

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

That's a FRESHLY REBUILT motor that hasn't turned over in months but has good compression.

It is nothing short of REMARKABLE how they managed to rebuild that engine without it looking like it was ever touched.

5. bill

bill Active Member

You know it would be fun to look at that one. I'll bet the bolts are rusted etc. From the pic it looks untouched for sure...

6. midnightblu

midnightblu Member

New break pads??? ok i think he meant "Brake",
    drum cleaned($100) WOW it took me 5 min to clean mine ,
    system flush and repacked with oil for drive shaft.($250) Holy crap he packed it!!!!

complete engine rebuild($550), GasTank flush ($60). uhhh really dude?

Needs carb needles and adjustment, new seat. ohhhh i see the new seat now.... its invisible!!!!! you can just barely see the corner of it...LOL

finish electric for headlight. All else works. Not turned over in 5 months. Good compression ON ENGINE !!! ( VS what? compression on the forks?)

Need to get bonded title paperwork if you want it. (who needs to you or the buyer... btw dude selling a vehicle in TX is illegal without the title)

7. skooterbum

skooterbum New Member

he says it will need a bonded title....then the plate that is on the bike must be for the boat that he has and the bike is the boats anchor.
    i like the pic he has of him setting on the bike, like he is riding it into the shed, but on close inspection you see that it is setting on the center stand. got to be worth $50 for the comic relief

8. 600ccmicrob1

600ccmicrob1 Member

Midnight Maxim????? hmmmm I think not

9. dpawl31

dpawl31 Member

Just a note here... he said it needs a new seat - just more of his bad grammar that got you confused :)

10. midnightblu

midnightblu Member

dude i bet he toss in a throw pillow from a 70's Retro couch if you gave him the $1200
    LOL

11. midnightblu

midnightblu Member

12. texasfisherdude

texasfisherdude Member

I paid 250 for my 83 750 with title and it is a Midnight Maxim

13. ethanch

ethanch Member

I know a person like this guy, wants to sell you a 1500. paint job on a 65 Honda that doesn't run and may never run, well it was good practice.

14. technonerd7

technonerd7 Member

i got mine free, and spend $600 on it to get it running, and it was better then that pile. Thanks for the smile on a monday!

15. JoeFriday77

JoeFriday77 Member

That is pretty darn funny. Allow me some translations for what the guy is really saying. :)

This is a project bike. = This was my project, and I have sunk a load into this. I'm trying to save face with the wife/girlfriend.

Has... = I took this to a 'mechanic' and he ripped me off. He said that all of it had been done, so that is what I am telling you.

Has not turned over in 5 months. = Shortly after I got it home, it quit running. I can't find that !@#$% and haven't been able to track him down after 5 months of trying, so I have given up.

Need to get bonded title paperwork if you want it. = That is what the guy I bought it from told me. After looking into it, I realized that it will cost at least $150 to $200, and whoever was the original owner can show up within a few years and claim the bike. I only found this out after I had sunk $1K into it, so I am desperate to get some of my cash back and not get stuck loosing more than I already have.

I love reading between the lines.

16. trekrider

trekrider Member

what are you expecting on craiglist??

17. JoeFriday77

JoeFriday77 Member

It's definitely a mixed bag.

For folks in TX, I did some in-depth research on bonded titles. In TX, if you don't have a title, you have an option to go the bonded title route. Long story short, I wouldn't do it.

What I did learn is that for $2, you can take the VIN to the local registration office and find out who the titled owner is. The seller gave me a song and dance story (brother/sister owned it and it changed hands multiple times and we don't know who's name the title was in last, yada yada), so I went to look at the bike and get the VIN. Oh, and he threw in that he had a buddy that was a highway patrol and he looked up the VIN. It didn't show stolen, but it had dropped from their systems because it hadn't been registered in years. More yada, yada...

I paid my $2 and called the guy and asked "Who is <insert name>?" Stutter.... Stammer.... Uh... That's the sister. To which I said, OK, where is she and will she sign a power of attorney so that I can file for the lost title? And like a miracle on Christmas morning, they found the title after that after a few days. I had already written the deal off because I figured they were trying to sell the bike from under someone and found the X on CL. The rest is history.