1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Motorcycle Insurance

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by jgb1503, Apr 27, 2009.

1. technonerd7

technonerd7 Member

I have Progressive in Utah, and it costs me $30 a year.

2. tomandjerry00

tomandjerry00 Member

I have progressive for my bike and haven't had any problems at all. They are very helpful on the phone and gave me base insurance for under $100 a year. No one else could even come close...

3. cly_adams

cly_adams Member

:lol: :lol: well between 16-18yrs old i was in to the whole racing scene and then a few accidents later and here i am with a very very high insurance rate :lol: oh well another year and ill be able to get the 25yr old rates :lol:

4. dubyaohohdee

dubyaohohdee Member

You all should give GEICO.com a try. The online quote application is the best around. I am a little biased though as I am on the team that built it and am now one of the primary devs handling updates and maintenance.

5. pogoism9

pogoism9 New Member

Even with your VIN GEICO will list your bike as a Maxim if you have a Seca. Mine comes out to 130 a year as a new rider that hasnt taken the safety course yet.

6. Altus

Altus Active Member

You guys are all still lucky -- I'm in Ontario, the bend-over-and-grease-up province. Just for the bare minimum insurance to ride, it's $350 a year -- no extras.
    And for reference, I'm 40, married, kids, 15+ years experience, no claims, rider training (x2), and have been a motorcycle Rider Safety instructor.

7. ktcubed

ktcubed Member

So you could put in a seceret lower their rates coding in that you then post on this board right? 8O :D :eek: :twisted:

8. dubyaohohdee

dubyaohohdee Member

Somehow i think even acknowledging the thought of doing such a thing would be frowned on by mgmt.

9. Galamb

Galamb Member

Just called TD Home and auto insurance and they quoted $ 200 less than my present one Jevco did.
    I guess I'll be changing :D

10. ktcubed

ktcubed Member

Of course. Only a joke. Wouldn't even think of actually doing it.

11. kd5uzz

kd5uzz Member

Checked progressive yesterday. $95/year. That is almost 1/4 what Geico wants...

And I used GEICO.com! It is pretty cool, but it would be nice if I didn't have to have a login for auto and a different login for motorcycles.

12. dqnjuan

dqnjuan Member

wow!! thats good paying 15 a month with geico for my seca.

13. jgb1503

jgb1503 Member

I just picked up full insurance (liability and comp) w/ 100$ deductible (mainly in case someone steals bike or just completely wrecks it), for 96$ a year through my allstate agent

14. cly_adams

cly_adams Member

i hate u all :( oh well lesson learned being a trouble maker when ur younger costs u alot more then u can imagine later on :(

15. tennsouthernbelle

tennsouthernbelle Member

Yeah it sucks. But that isn't the only reason you get high insurance rates.

I paid out the A$$ for car insurance.

I was on my parents policy from 16-18. I then got married. Was on my husband's policy. Divorced and lived with the parents again so on their policy again (moving back home at 24 sucks really bad lol) I remarried at 25 was on the second husband's policy.

5 years later I found myself divorced, low paying job, with No credit and considered a high risk driver because I'd never had a policy in my own name, only a named driver. I also lived in the part of West Virginia that cars were more to insure because of the pay outs on other people's insurance. (see before about the money hungry sue happy ppl in WV)

It wasn't until the past year or so I was finally able to get decent insurance rates because I built up my credit, and had a policy with no lapses for over a year.

And another lesson for you younger folks. Don't f*ck up your credit! You'll pay for it for a very very long time.