1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

poll

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by 86xj700_indy, May 11, 2009.

1. SLKid

SLKid Active Member

LOL Indy!
    As the little Asian boy would say, "Cover your Heart Indy!!"
    Dont let her change YOU as a person!
    MN I totally and COMPLETELY agree with you. I was at a bike shop a couple weeks ago with my GF cause she's learning how to ride and we were checking out bike styles that were available. Needless to say that all the bikes were fairly newer bikes, 07 and up, and NEITHER of us could see ourselves riding them. There was one Harley that I kiiinda liked, and a Yammer Hammer that was decent. But nothing that grabbed me and said, "I HAVE to have this one day"
    My gf is thinking she likes the Crotch Rockets, but thinks they'd be super uncomfortable to ride. She's not a racer, but she enjoys the style. I told her my Maxim is the Medium between Sport and Cruiser. She just smiled and said I'm bias lol. Love that girl
    Our Xjs and Secas are absolutely beautiful, and durable to boot. Keep up your maintanence, and she'll repay the favor in everlasting enjoyment.
    Oh and Indy, heres a tip :D
    Keep proper maintenance, and you can ride her as fast, hard and as long as you want and she'll never ever complain.
    Or steer you to a Harley Dealer
    -StreetLegalKid

2. 86xj700_indy

86xj700_indy Member

thanks Slkid

3. Icantinaturner

Icantinaturner Member

Honest funny answers, guys. "But honey it's a classic!" is stuff we tell the wives. :wink:

Truth is, we'll never recoup the sweat, tears and $$$ we sink in an old bike unless maybe it's a Vincent, Manx, Brough Superior or equivalent.

4. Icantinaturner

Icantinaturner Member

Ingenious and awesome! :)

5. bill

bill Active Member

I have a good bit more in mine than it is worth but that is mostly my choice. I could have patched it running but I chose to do a restoration and put on some add-ons. It's a labor of love.

When I get another bike I will keep this one - I love the look, style and ride.