1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New Member!!

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by whaler, May 13, 2009.

1. whaler

whaler New Member

Hello collective XJ forum members! I am glad I found this site...My first road bike was a XJ650 Maxim (YICS) can't remember if it was 82 or 83. Great bike, made me a fan of Yamaha ever since (Also a Kawasaki fan...my first dirtbike was a KDX 80). I currently ride a Kawasaki ZRX1200R (Silver 2004) on the road and ZX7R (Green 1995) on the track.

Ok...back on point, I have offered to RR a friends XJ900RK Seca. He has owned the bike since new and did a great job of keeping it nice (All Original), but the last few years, it has been...lets call it neglected, not to mention a lack of general maintenance over the last decade (fork seals, brakes, carbs, valves). I have rebuilt and restored many a bike over the years, but have always had access to the service manuals (I am a stickler for doing it right, and every bolt must be torqued to spec). I intend to buy the XJ cd, but would like to get my hands on the service manual for the XJ900 ASAP...I will settle for the fork and carburetor sections if possible while I wait for the CD to arrive.

The other reason I love finding this site, my best friend of 30 or so years, has bought back his 83 750 Maxim (He and I both had Maxims at the same time (in a Galaxy far far away and a very long time ago). The bike is in need of lots of attention, but worth it. The most Ironic part is...I also have the opportunity to buy back my Maxim (sold 18 years ago) from the same person who bought it from me!

Thanks in advance to the collective for assembling such a great resource, and I hope to contribute in the future.

:)

Regards,

Brian Taylor

2. ktcubed

ktcubed Member

Welcome.

Just was at a post the other day that had all the manuals online in PDF form. Can't remember where it was, but found it with a search for owners manual...

Found the OM, shop manual and supplement for my bike an all the others.

3. whaler

whaler New Member

Thanks...I have done a few searches and come up short, but will word it as you and see what I come up with!!

Regards

4. ktcubed

ktcubed Member

5. whaler

whaler New Member

Thanks ktcubed! :D

6. ktcubed

ktcubed Member

Goes around comes around. GL man...

7. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

Whaler, I also have a '83 Seca 900 and a 750 Maxim, so keep me in the loop !! I have to do the forks of the 900 and get the 750 running. I have a few various parts, too.

8. whaler

whaler New Member

Absolutely! I will let you know how 25 year old XJ900 forks look like on the first cleaning since the production line, as I am doing it this weekend :)

I have already done the carburetors...what a mess...looks like the tank has started rusting. Installed an inline filter to see if its going to be an all the time thing, or just from setting over the last few years.