1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODELS

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by chacal, Nov 10, 2006.

1. brianh64

brianh64 Member

Avoid this guy like the plague! He will actually send you what you ask for when you ask for it and at a VERY fair price! On a serious note, I checked some of the local bike shops for a upper gasket set for my XJ and was giving a price pushing close to $200, Len got me the same set at a much better price (close to half off) and sent it out ASAP. If you need something for your XJ don't hesitate to contact Len. The only bad was he didn't include a mechanic in the box to do the work for me. ;)

2. Motavator

Motavator Member

Re: XJ PARTS FOR SALE---FOR ALL MAXIM, SECA, AND TURBO MODEL

Need new head bearings for a 82 XJ750 as I understand it these have 38 seperate bearings, not sure if I need new ones or just have to clean and grease the old ones.

3. red78ta

red78ta New Member

Howdy! I found this site b/c I was google searching Hitachi jets #40 #41. I was looking for jets for my HSC40 carb (on my 82 XV920). I don't own a XJ bike and i didn't realize this when I emailed Len (Chacal) to ask if he still had the jets and what the price was (the thread that came up on google was a year or so old).

After Len emailed me back i realized these were for XJ bike and not XV bikes, I emailed him back and said i was sorry if i wasted his time. Len looked up the part numbers and compared diagrams (without me asking him too) and told me the part numbers for the main jets were the same, but the part numbers for the pilot jets were different, however the mains and pilots on his XJ bikes were the same dimensions (you could swap them if you wanted to) so if that was true on my XV then it might work. I said I'd give it a go and see what happened (the jets on the XV are swappable, i did it once on accident and got a REALLY rich idle). Well... that was two days ago, I emailed him first three days ago, today I got my jets in the mail and haven't installed them yet, but i'll be shocked if they don't work, i did a visual comparison to a bad set of jets i had laying around and they look identical, all the way down to the thread count.

Bottom line, Len's customer service is AMAZING. He went out of his way to see if he had a product that would work for me or not and then got that product to me asap. His shipping and hanlding charge was only $2 more than it actually cost him to mail the package, and considering that he has to take time to pull the part from wherever he's storing it and then drive to the post office, i say that the shipping was well under what i would consider a reasonable price.

Oh, and his price for the jets was half of what i could find anywhere else. The next cheapest place I had found (which i had ordered them from 3 weeks ago and they still hadn't shipped them or responded to my emails, or picked up their phone when i called) was going to cost me about $10 more with all the shipping and stuff included... I wish i had stumbled across Len's thread on this site 3 weeks ago, i'd be riding today instead of typing this out!

Thanks Len!

Also, I'm going to post this over on Virago Tech were i am a member so they know to come here should they need a part for an XJ bike or a jet for their XV!

Lyle (red78ta)
    North Bend, OR

4. Dewman

Dewman New Member

Any chance you have the top of the airbox that has the fuses in it? This would be for a 1981 Maxim 650

5. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

Hey Brian and Lyle, thanks guys!

Motavator, I sent you a PM in regards to the steering head bearings.

Dewman.......are you needing the air filter LID or the FUSEBOX?

6. Dewman

Dewman New Member

On an 81, the fuse panel is part of the top of the airbox. When you lift the seat, the fuse panel is just below the tool kit, integrated into the top of the airbox.

7. chacal

Actually, the fusebox is merely screwed to the lid..........so do you need both? Or just the fusebox? Or just the lid?

8. Dewman

Dewman New Member

Thanks for the info. I actually need both. What's your price?

9. yamaman

yamaman Member

I don't care who you are, you can't beat Chacal. I feel like I'm a usual in his store and it's the 1950's, my first time doing business with him!!!

Chacal, I don't know who you are or why you do it, but GOD BLESS YA

10. jgb1503

jgb1503 Member

As always, Chacal does it again. He helped this mechanical noob get all of the parts I needed to redo my brakes, offered some great advice and tips, put up with my questions, and got me everything in short order!

I don't care who you are, if you need a part Chacal has it, can tell you if you really do need it, what else you need and get you back on the road quickly and safely!

Thanks again len!

11. GuyverAlpha

GuyverAlpha New Member

I have an '82 XJ750J Maxim that I picked up as a salvage for $150. The upper half of the engine seems in good shape but the crankcase housing and crankcase cover on the left side are damaged severely. Both have a large hole where the shift shaft sits behind the crankcase cover. What kind of prices can you quote me. I'll be coming back for more parts eventually but I need a good starting point and this is as good as any.

12. GMulhollan

GMulhollan New Member

Just got a box o' bulbs, chemicals, oil drain and head gasket(s) in. Very zippy service and free shipping…woo hoo! You might find somewhat lower prices elsewhere, but never for all combined in one place! I do wish that the catalog could be collected into a PDF file so I could search for the parts faster and spend even more money :lol: though this first installment will keep me and my '85 XJ700N busy for a while.

13. rockerto

rockerto Member

Well thanks Len for your help, you carry a great range to get the old girl back on the road.
    In fact, if it was not for this site and Chacal with the parts support i would have had to give up on her or pay a mechanic big time and pay heaps more in parts costs locally.
    Have to say there has been an error in my order, but Len is straight on it and quick to remedy the problem.
    Some of my emails have been long winded and he has had the time to answer the hard questions, what a great guy.

Three Cheers..

14. Xman49

Xman49 New Member

I just gave my 81 XJ650 Maxim a make over thanks to Len and his extensive parts inventory and expertise. I can't believe I placed the order and it arrived 2 days later parcal post. I guess it helps that Len was able to send it out the same day as I had ordered it. He even saved me from buying the wrong parts for my bike. Great Service!

15. chacal

Thanks guys! Rocker, we'll get you fixed up one way or another on that potential problem, as soon as we find out, for sure.........

Guyver..........send me a PM or tell me more about what items you specifically need. I can't really understand what you mean by the "crankcase housing" has a large hole in it????

16. rockerto

rockerto Member

True Xman, Chacal saved me from ordering wrong part numbers, and made sure i had the rest of the parts i need based on the work i am doing.

Just had a great email with a very detailed description on how to order the right crank bearings, and the fact that he does think proactively for his customers makes him my preferred parts guy- you get personal service in an impersonal age.

International XJ owners be assured you are in good hands with Len..

17. CaptNemo

CaptNemo Member

Got the latest installment Chacal, only 2 days across the country!
    The fork parts look great, and you found those bushings instead of back ordering, thanks.
    Shocks are next.

18. dqnjuan

dqnjuan Member

Chacal once again super speady and great customer service, not to mention better prices!

My xj wouldnt move without me pushing it if it werent for you.

19. AndrewM

AndrewM Member

Len,

Greetings from Cebu, Philippines

Just received the order for my carbs rebuild - 7 days, must be a record!

All the items for ther 550 will fit the XJ400 no problem.

Thanks again
    Best regards
    Andrew

20. XJ700VET

XJ700VET Member

Once again Mr. Len you have come through with much needed parts :D All proper, all correct. Not all are on the bike yet. Thank you again sir, I can't even think where I could have gotten all of these parts at such a reasonable price. You are the "One Stop Shop" for the XJ world. Also, your assistance on purchasing the right parts has been invaluable.
    Thanks again Len
    Ken :D