1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Howdy folks- new here, XJ700 Maxim

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by hunterhicks, Jun 5, 2009.

  1. hunterhicks

    hunterhicks New Member

    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    D/FW TX
    Howdy all, picked this bike up 10 years ago for $800- it wouldn't start, but I knew it would. Worked on the wiring for 2 weeks, traced it down to a faulty kickstand relay. A good shake, and it fired right up.

    Cleaned the carbs once or twice, had a buddy paint it in Texas motif, and took off the crazy bookrack/backseat rest and replaced the original "Maxim" handles. (I don't have current pictures with it off)

    I have not started it in 3 years- thinking of starting to work on it again. The carbs never quite worked correctly- never got the tuning thing down.

    Looking for a D/FW yamaha nut that can help, or a good service place we trust with our older Yamahas.

    Bought the service manual ($$) and have been poking it over. It's fun.


    here's the bike when I bought it:
    [​IMG]

    here it is now, minus the rear seat rest/rack
    [​IMG]
     
  2. 86xj700_indy

    86xj700_indy Member

    Messages:
    152
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    do you still have the backrest and mount? if so do you want to sell it?
     
  3. hardlucktx

    hardlucktx Member

    Messages:
    291
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Allen Texas
    Great looking bike when I get my XJ1100 back on the road you joefriday and myself will have to get together and cruise the classics around DFW
     
  4. kontiki

    kontiki Member

    Messages:
    398
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Columbia, SC
    Wow. Great looking wheels. Nice work!
     
  5. MadMaxim85

    MadMaxim85 Member

    Messages:
    247
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Lansing, MI
    Love the paint! That's awesome!
     
  6. hardlucktx

    hardlucktx Member

    Messages:
    291
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Allen Texas
    Were in the dfw area are you. I have a yics tool and a colortune coming from chget it tuned back up.acal. I would be more than happy to help you get it tuned back up. Im in Plano.
     
  7. JoeFriday77

    JoeFriday77 Member

    Messages:
    604
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    North Texas
    Welcome.

    I did meet up with MGM and go for a ride. MGM said that he needed to do a carb tune. I have a CarbTune. Maybe we should have a mini carb clinic.
     

Share This Page