1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

taillight and blinkers

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by mxracer, Aug 17, 2005.

1. mxracer

mxracer New Member

I want to change the taillight and blinkers. I want to try to go to a lower profile setup if i can. I was thinking about going to one taillight that has the blinkers built into them, like some rockets have, where one side of the tail light will blink for the respective blinker. I don't know. does anyone know of anything "low pro" to use that will go onto my 85 xj700?

2. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

Interesting mod. I only removed the side markers on my XJ. I like it better without them.

3. capy

capy Member

I can't get so lucky. I have to keep all lights in original positions. I have changed them to a short stem though.

4. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

Steve, that is one fine looking Maxim you got there. Hopefully you'll Blog your project. I'd be interested in hearing what you did, what parts you used, where you got them, how you painted all the parts etc... :wink:

5. B.B.R.

B.B.R. New Member

[​IMG]
    some of the mods I made on mine are.
    1) round headlight
    2) removed the acc. light.
    3) moved the turn signal lights up and beside the headlight.( i believe they are more visable).
    4) shorten and moved back the back turn signals.( for the saddlebags to fit nice and clear the pipe.)
    5) vance and hines 4 into 1 header and pipe.
    6) got rid of the red paint and coated it with midnight shadow blue.
    7) lighting in the engine area at night.

next..... a set of chrome gauges from a 700 and get rid of the big center console dash. shew, thats it for now.