1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

starting my build....

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Decapitated_Toy, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Decapitated_Toy

Decapitated_Toy Member

picked up the bike for 150. i was thinking about fixing it then selling it but i decided i would like to have a cafe and a bobber so i started on that road. i have everything taken off the bike. trying to rebuild the motor if i cant do that i will be moving up to a 750 or 900(if i can find one). i am hoping to have it done by the end of summer and my budget is the lint at the bottom of my pockets. here are a few pics of it now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]]
    [​IMG]

thats right i will be doing everything in my apt parking lot!!

2. 16ozbud

16ozbud Member

Bet the neighbors will be giving you some strange looks. I used to love doing stuff like that just to tick the neighbors off when I lived in apartments.

3. dwcopple

dwcopple Active Member

i dig the chick in the white tank top. and the 350Z.

4. Awalker19

Awalker19 Member

I dig the box fan.

I would hate having to do that in a parking lot. I have problems doing stuff in my garage. lol

5. Decapitated_Toy

Decapitated_Toy Member

crazy hot neighbor! that 350z is mine and the reason i dont have a house!! hahaha i dont mind working in the parkin lot too much but for all the grinding i took it into my work so there isnt a swarm of kids around. post pics tomorrow ... it almost ready to be welded

6. 650Rigid

650Rigid Member

Have you decided which one you're gonna do? Looks like you have a great start on a bobber. You probably wouldn't have had to chop that much of the frame for a cafe racer. I'll be checking in to see the progress. :)

7. Decapitated_Toy

Decapitated_Toy Member

it will be more of a bobber..... the bike in the background is a 74 cb550 and that will probably be turned into a cafe when im done with this.....i will post a few pics of that as well.

8. Decapitated_Toy

Decapitated_Toy Member

sorry forgot to throw the crossbar on... not going to do the final cut on the bottom until im about 30 sec from welding.... i would really hate to mess it up before hand and not know

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my other bike.... i will be riding and doing small stuff to this one
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Mad_Bohemian

Mad_Bohemian Active Member

Hey Decap... hopefully you haven't welded yet. I would take a measurement where your fender is going to go to be sure your spacing is close to a standard fender width + a little for wiggle-room. With a hard tail you'll be able to place your fender pretty close to the wheel as compared to a regular soft tail....

10. Decapitated_Toy

Decapitated_Toy Member

i am going to make a custom fender and attach it to the crossbar.... i am going to have it sitting REALLY close to the tire...... good looking out though!

11. Decapitated_Toy

Decapitated_Toy Member

so i got it all welded uo.... my prep work wasnt the greatest so some of the welds are a little crooked but they will be covered when i make a seat so what eva.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. pkaiz89

pkaiz89 New Member

that cb is going to make a killer cafe racer, and i love the looks of the 650 bobbers. im following this thread for sure. keep it coming