1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Minnesota

Discussion in 'Central US and Canada' started by DIYMechanic, Jul 2, 2006.

1. DIYMechanic

DIYMechanic New Member

Anyone that lives around Minneapolis area post here. Would like to have a meet and greet with other XJ owners. Dulono's as meeting place. Local riders meet there first Thurday of the month. It's located near Lake St. & Lyndale Ave. across from Fuji-Ya restuarant. Please post if you are interested. Thanks

2. ballinger

ballinger New Member

Hi DIY,

I'm from the bloomington are and my wife rides the XJ650. I think we're going to be at first thursday. Not sure when we would get there.

3. hessenr00ts

hessenr00ts Member

I live a few miles from Dulono's over in "nord-east" (just off 94 and broadway).

Any other Minnesota posters still active around here?

BTW, Dulono's is hands down the best pizza in Minneapolis :D

4. schmidtap

schmidtap Member

would love to join in, but I moved out of the cities a few years ago, (got out of military), and now I'm in northern Texas (back in military)

5. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

Have your meet and greet at Lindys and I'll ride in from Detroit.

Otherwise, anyone willing to pick me up a steak? :lol:

6. gavi_omen

gavi_omen New Member

I'm about an hour and a half from Minneapolis, but I'd be happy to come in some time for a meet and greet or something of that fashion.

7. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

Dam, I've been on this forum for quite a while now and just first noticed you guys here from Minnesota. I'm up here in St. Cloud and ride down to the cities all summer long. I have frineds that get together and ride along the river (Prescott, Redwing, Waconia area) and into the bluffs of Wisconsin. It's about the best place to ride. I am just finishing up my chop project and figure I'll be riding down your way this coming season. Let's get together and ride. You can PM me if you have some ideas. >PD<

8. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

Ok, let's put a run together for this summer if there are anyone who is interested. PM me with your location and any suggestions on where would be a good central location for us to meet up. You can leave your phone number if you like (it's not public information, it will just come to me) Also any ideas on a destination will be welcome.
    I get down there (I'm from St. Cloud) every season to ride, so we may as well get a bunch together and compare notes, ideas, and ride!! >PD<

9. MNXJ650J

MNXJ650J New Member

I live in Maplewood.

I usually ride my XJ650J back and forth to work in Minnetonka when the weather is nice. I rode it to work on Friday, but it was snowing today and I decided to take the Jeep instead.

Riding along the St. Croix sounds like fun.

10. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

I see everyone came out of hibernation?!!
    Yes, I was down by Redwing on Saturday (in the car) and noticed alot of bikes out and about. I think we can pretty much plan a ride in the next couple weeks or so. I will be busy for next weekend, but I will be ready to ride after that. PD

11. phoenix_1192000

phoenix_1192000 New Member

Hey guys,
    I live in Plymouth, and usually always go to First Thursday's in uptown. I also attend "Second Thursdays" @ the Medina Entertainment Center. If you guys are looking for groups of people to ride with, you should check out ABATE (American Biker Awareness Training & Education). Its a great organization with monthly meetings, and rides, rallies, and all sorts of stuff year round. www.abatemn.org

I'm a member of the Lake Chapter now..

I'm always up for a good ride though! Let me know!

-Rick

12. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

We're planning our first ride for Saturday, April 26th (weather permitting) We have been meeting at the McDonalds on Dodd Road & 110 in Mendota Heights. We usually take off from there at 8 A.M, but can schedule later if needed. I will post a map and destination at a later date when I know more. PD

13. jaredfore

jaredfore New Member

Hey Guys,
    Looks like I missed out on the ride planning, sorry, been a busy summer and haven't had a chance to get on her much...
    Just wanted to say Hi and I'll try to keep an eye out if there is another ride...

14. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

We can get a ride together this next Saturday if anyone's interested? I'm ready to ride all day Saturday, so post if you wanna go! >PD<