1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ Get together,

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by kbarmansr, Sep 1, 2006.

1. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

Heyu all just want to throw the idea out there. What if we start planning something for next year, kinda an xj ralley to say. If we start planning now we should be able to come up with somewhat of a central location for it and go from there. If anyone has any ideas, or this doesn't sound like a good idea let me now. i am trying to see if there is any interest in this before I start looking into anything.

2. Robert

Robert Active Member

Depends upon my work schedule, but if it is close enough, I'm game.

3. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Go regional ... have several. That way - everybody get a shot at going to a ralley. Good thought on your part.

4. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

I like the regional idea, we would judt have to figrue out what the regions would be, could use the ones that are part of the forum. Some good ideas, though, let see what else we can come up with, hopefully someother stop by and post some ideas.....

5. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

Being from near Detroit a get together with the NorthWest Ohio folks would be fairly easy.

kbarmansr - where in Northern Ohio are you?

6. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

I am right between Toledo and CLeveland about 45 to an hour from both cities. I live in Norwalk, Ohio.

7. Skot

Skot New Member

Hey guys, count me in for the PNW. I'm in Seattle. If anyones interested out this way. I'd LOVE to see a parking lot full of XJer's.

8. chevy45412001

chevy45412001 Member

i just held an XS-XJ rally 1st annual if you will. Called Brag and Drag. had people from georgia ,iowa,minnes,pa and wiscon. plan on another next year. i live 1 hour north of chicago Ill. wanted a central local for the midwest people. hey i'm game or if you need pointers for setting it up or what not. i had shirts printed up ,dash plaques and troophies (for best looking butt ugly long distance rider and 1-2-3 place for the racing part.)at the last day put on a cookout for all,was a good time and met some very cool people. will do again.

9. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

HEy that sounds liek ti was a really great event. Sorry I didn't hear about the event I would have attended. Well hey give us a heads up for next year. Like was suggested earlier maybe we can do a regional thing every year and a mass every 5 years or so, a grand get together somewhere. Any of your ideas would be appreciated by all I am sure. I am still searching out a lot of riders in the OHio area, but to bull headed to quit looking, lol.

10. fastdadd

fastdadd New Member

I am interested in something like that.
    I'm in oregon.

11. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

Well I think what we need to work on first and foremaost is what are the regions, how do we split up into groups and how many groups are there as far as states combined ot geograpic areas that are one region, any one have any ideas, I will work on this and then post some results later.

12. BlueMaxim

BlueMaxim Active Member

I am in central Mississippi, (Vicksburg) and will host if this turns out as a central locale. I have a large back yard and two grills. So camping is no problem. Good inexpensive hotels in the area also.
    I am somewhat isolated so it may not be a good locale. Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans, Mobile, Pensacola, Nashville, Little Rock & Shreveport are all within 400 miles of me. Any of these should be good locales.

13. Steve

Steve New Member

Excellent idea, count me in Southern Middle Tennessee.

14. seXJ750ca

seXJ750ca New Member

I'd be up for a cruise-in just about anywhere in the Southeast. For a large turnout, Nashville would be one of the most overall central locations.

15. OU812didntU

OU812didntU Member

am in windsor, canada and i love the idea of riding and visiting with other xj owners. count me in 100%.

16. capy

capy Member

Wish I could see more South East. Hard to do anything on this penninsula.

17. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

Windsor is essentially South Detroit (or Detroit is North Windsor). Amherstberg I believe is very nice. I bet you have some nice rides along the north shore of Erie. Twist my arm a bit come spring and I may have to fight my way across the bridge.

I'm starting to envision a thing where the Windsor XJers come over and hook up with the Detroit XJers. We all head down to Toledo (or Norwalk) and hook up with the Ohio guys.

Think about it.

18. OU812didntU

OU812didntU Member

wouldnt have to twist my arm or ask me twice MICARL.......am in

19. MadMaxim85

MadMaxim85 Member

Count me in too. A friend of mine just got back from the SOCC in Stoufville, Canada last weekend. We're planning a MI/OH/IN/IL/WI get together in the spring. Kind of a mini carb clinic/tune up/bragfest/BBQ. I'd be willing to travel around (within reason) to a rally, however. There is something powerful in a group of bikes travelling down a road.

What do you call a herd of bikes? A passel? A peck? A group?

Nope. You call them LOUD. :)

20. zamboya

zamboya New Member

if we're talking regionals - how about we send out an email to all the members of xjbikes and request volunteers to get together to plan some rides/rallys in their respective region?

and centrally - if someone wants to step up to the plate and volunteer to host a north american xj rally, well, y'know what happens when someone volunteers.

can someone send this idea on to snosheriff?