1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ Maxim Luggage Rack/Sissy Bar/Cargo Carrier

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by That_Guy, Jul 22, 2009.

1. That_Guy

That_Guy Member

I have a Luggage Rack/Sissy Bar/ Cargo Carrier identical to the one in these pictures at home. The carrier came with the bike and i am not really into the style so i wanted to check if there was any interest in it to see if it is worth selling. I recently saw on this forum that these are pretty rare so i figured it was worth a try. The rack itself is in pretty good condition, no dents or anything major to speak of you just might want to touch up the chrome and one of the rubber strips on the rack is missing. The seat back is in great condition with no rips or tears. The cargo carrier is also in great codition except for a couple cuts in the plastic because i had to cut off the original locks (the PO had locked the owner's manual inside the carrier and lost the key, the locks look like they can be replaces with simple hardware store hook locks). There are lights on the carrier and i will include the wiring harness for the lights. As far as i can tell i also have all of the mounting hardware which i will also include with the purchase. Local pickup would be prefered but shipping could be arranged at buyer's expense. If there is interest i will upload pictures of the actual rack when i get home from work, and we could work out a price. Thanks anf have a great day!

update: Below are pictures of my actual rack....it is made by KG

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm31 ... ack001.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm31 ... ack002.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm31 ... ack003.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm31 ... ack004.jpg

2. coachholland

coachholland Member

Re: XJ Maxim Luggage Rack, Sissy Bar, Cargo Carrier

This should work a little better for ya.

[​IMG]

3. That_Guy

That_Guy Member

thanks

4. That_Guy

That_Guy Member

5. bill

bill Active Member

I think you need to post up some pics of the actual item with the mounting shown - folks can judge better - also help to set a price then negotiate. Makes for faster sale and less frustration.

6. Altus

Altus Active Member

And if I could be so bold -- could I ask a favour?

I've got the same setup, but mine didn't come with the wiring harness or the mounting bolts. Right now I'm just using it for the backrest and luggage rack, so I bodged together the required hardware to make it fit.

However -- I'd be very grateful if you could snap a picture of the wiring harness and/or connectors for me! I'm just going to bodge it up myself, but it would be nice to see how it was intended to be setup...

7. That_Guy

That_Guy Member

if you have every seen the wiring harness of a battery tender it seems to be the same exact plug, just a simple 1 pole wire with a 2 prong dummy plug.

8. hman1169

hman1169 New Member

Would it fit on my 1980 Maxim? I am going to go measure the distances on the bolt holes and see maybe you can measure those too?

9. That_Guy

That_Guy Member

bump......many interests but still available