1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Need help with seca 750 and maxim 700 PLEASE~!!~

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by schooter, Aug 2, 2009.

1. schooter

schooter Active Member

ill first start off with my maxim 700
    I think i over charging the battery damaged the Soloniod. Does this seem logical? i checked all the fuses and none of those are junk. My dad wants to go for a ride today and i'm gonna try and push start the bike without that thing in there, because when i turn on the key, I'm not getting ANY juice to my lights, blinkers, horn, NADA. i tested the solonoid and putting juice to the side the pos battery wire goes to and checked to see if i get any out of the other side, nothin. is this my problem?
    update* when i put juice to where the positive battery wire goes to, i then get juice out of the little wire coming from the solonoid, this wire HAS to be the entire source of power for the whole bike, but im not getting any power.

Also, i got my Seca runnin, kinda. Its running incredably lean on two cylinders, the left two (plugs were whiter than new). then the #3 cylinder wasnt running, and the 4th cylinder was warm, Also The bike idled at around 4-5K, it had poor throttle response, what do you think caused the high idle? carbs not passing the clunk test?

I think i may take the carbs to a dealer and have them clean them, synch them, and so on, unless someone on this site wants some money to rebuild my carbs and synch them- Anyone?

2. albran

albran Member

Most modern battery chargers are smart enough to shut down when the battery is fully charged.

Did you check the water level before you charged?
    Warning:
    Use distilled water
    DO NOT over fill
    DO NOT get any of the acid on the bike OR YOUR BODY (this is the voice of experience speaking)!

How was the 750 running BEFORE the battery charge?

More ?? to follow.

ab

3. ItsMikey

ItsMikey Member

Hey Schooter, I wish you lived a little closer. I would have been happy to help in person, Your solenoid should have 2 large cables attached to it. 1 goes directly to the battery+ post and the other to the starter. The 1st one will have power all the time, and is not fused. The 2nd one will only get power when the solenoid is energized. That is why using a screwdriver across those 2 will crank the starter, to eliminate the starter as a problem. Jumping those 2 will also draw an arc to the screwdriver, as you are sending alot of current through it. Don't us a good screwdriver,if you try this. The power for everything else should go through fuses and most through the main switch. Are you testing the fuses with a meter? Using a meter, or at least test light, is really the only way to track down voltage losses. One area that is often overlooked is the ground connection. The ground, or commom connection is, well, commom to all circuits. That is probably where I would start, if you are sure your battery is charged and working fine.

As far as lean cylinders go, you know the drill. Check for air leaks, clean the carbs, ect. Good luck. Mike

4. SecaRob

SecaRob Member

5. helmet

helmet Member

actually, the wire to the back of the solenoid comes off your start button. that would have nothing to do with no juice to the whole bike.
    behind the frame rail that goes across in front of the back fender is a relay. test for power to it. it also has a plug about 6-8 inches from it. it corrodes easily. double check it.
    also, behind the ignition switch there are 2 wires for the ignition. one is hot, one isn't.
    I dont have the wiring diagram for the headlight bucket, but everything goes in there.
    I am sure someone here has one

6. schooter

schooter Active Member

uugghh

thanks.

though i think something happened from over charging that battery, something like that, because when i turned o nthe key, it made some weird noises, then everything dies, but i noticed the speedo or rpm gauge like bouncing un and down.

after i took the charger off the battery, you could hear it making lots of noises (the battery), i pulled her out, and it was 1/4 full in most holes...

7. helmet

helmet Member

sounds like your voltage regulator/rectifier went south.