1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Why me :(

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by KrS14, Aug 25, 2009.

1. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

So i got my valve clearances all in check today. Took her out for a spin, seemed to have a bit more power than before.

So I get home, and i'm turning the bike around to go into the car port, when the revs start to jump up, somehow my throttle cable wasn't routed as it should have been or binded. so i go for the kill switch.

That's when my hand slipped off the clutch, don't ask me how i did that, i've been trying to figure that out since it happened.

Anyways, i now know what happens when the clutch is popped in 1st at 5-6k rpm. You climb the corner of the house.

I was only a foot or two away from the corner of the house, so it wasn't too bad, but i did have to rip the headlight off and try to straighten the chrome frame and headlight brackets.

I think i twisted the forks cause it wasn't feeling very straight in the first test ride. I tried twising them back to the left a little which seemed to look better, but when i let my hands off the bars at any speed the bike tracks to the right. I haven't checked my back axel to see if it moved at all, but is there something else i might be missing?

Oh ya, i scuffed up the front fender pretty good too. :(

AND i had some idiot in a VW try to head on collision with me from a stop light, then he swerved out of the way at the last second, as i was swerving too, nearly shat my pants.. dumb cagers around here.
    </RANT> heh

2. helmet

helmet Member

dude that sucks!
    at least you werent on it when it hit the house! I had a cage (soccer mom- cell phone in one ear, big coffee in the other) ignore my right of way and run through the stop light as I am taking a left in front of her. I stopped and while she was driving by, I gave her the one finger salute. she looked at me like I was at fault!
    nearly chased her down too!
    /rant

3. wizard

wizard Active Member

Good day to put the bike in the shed & take the bus.

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

You probably didn't bend the forks just tweaked everything out of alignment. Loosen everything up and bounce the front end, tighten from the top down bouncing frequently it should come back into alignment. Same procedure you use when you have the front end apart.

Also, every Yamaha street bike I've owned has had a hidden front fender brace inside the fender. It's quite stiff; if the fender itself gets tweaked it can push the forks out of alignment. You might want to loosen or remove the fender to get the front end re-aligned.

I'm not going to ask why you didn't shut the motor off before you got off the bike, especially if it was still in gear...

5. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

I wasn't off the bike i was still on it! Sorry, i didn't put that in my first post.
    It didn't even move far enough to throw me off the back end, heh glad i had my pants on, i could feel the hot exhaust touching my leg when it was dead.

I'll definately rip the front fender off, and do the front end bouncy bounce and report back, thanx for the suggestion fitz!

6. chadall3n

chadall3n Member

i used to have a yz125 that happened to me once...right after my dad put up a new fence the weekend before. I put the bike right thru it.

7. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

That VW you had to doge was it at that dumb a** intersection in Tavi was it?

8. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

You got it, dumbass musta got confused or something... i hope hahah

I'd hate to think he was that moronic.

9. clhannah

clhannah Member

cell phone in one ear and coffee in the other ear?