1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

No XJ Love

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by ghost_rider1967, Sep 1, 2009.

1. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

Letting your grass grow tall promotes good root growth for the fall/winter.
    Go ride ! Ride while you can !!

2. SecaRob

SecaRob Member

ghostrider, you must have road out Cincinnati/Brookville road - out by the old Fernald plant. That is one of my favorite rides, Kemper to Old Colerain and over to Ross on my way to Brookville

Riding i75 in the morning sucks! Where are you headed to and where are you coming from?

3. ghost_rider1967

ghost_rider1967 Member

Yup,, that the route i took... found out later. I was just riding... I work in Ft Mitchell coing from Colerain

4. SecaRob

SecaRob Member

Colerain? Sweet, I am over in Greenhills. Do you ever go to the Thursday night bike night over at Quaker Steak & Lube?

If I were headed to Ft Mitchell I would leave 20 minutes early and take 275 around and avoid that downtown mess

5. ghost_rider1967

ghost_rider1967 Member

I am leaving abot 6:45 that way I will miss both the early morning mess and then I can leave around 3 pm and miss the other mess..
    Havent been to Quaker state yet..

6. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

Happy belated birthday, sounds like you had a great ride. Don't worry about riding near old nuclear power plants. Homer Simpson wrks at oe and look at him! Ummm. Maybe not a good example.

It was nice that LEO recognized you for your speed contribution without feeling obligated to give you a formal performance award.

Have fun and stay safe.

7. ghost_rider1967

ghost_rider1967 Member

UPDATE---
    Wanted to write this as soon as it happened... I rode it into work this morning and man oh man... That was a blast.. I should have done it sooner.. The traffic doesnt get bad until 7 am so 6:50 AM no real traffice and open lanes.. hahahaha I think I will need weights.. at 65 the front end get squirrely... But a good commute...

Now I just gotta find warmer pants that go with a suit and tie... yes a suit and tie on a bike... with a backpack... oh well time for the meeting.. How do you get the stupid grin off my face LOL...

8. jvswan

jvswan Member

Awesome! I know the feeling. I only learned to ride after I got my old bike. Riding to work the first time was super cool! Now, when my wife asks when I'll be home, I add an extra 20-30 minutes to my ETA so I can take the "long" way home. LOL

9. ghost_rider1967

ghost_rider1967 Member

Uhmmm I called her when I got to work.. and te first thing out of my mouth was "That was Fun".. adn her reply .. still got that stupid grin.?

Gonna have to try the extra 20 to 30 min... with Traffic and all hehehehe