1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

first XJ

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by thebat, Oct 4, 2009.

1. thebat

thebat New Member

Hi I'v jst sold my k4 Bandit and came to a deal on a old XJ which which i will collect in a week. But I'm in a bit of confusion over the model as i'm being told its a xj 750 n-II ?? i can find a few different models 750e /d 750e/d II etc but never a mention of N?? so whats the story is this incorrect? To be honest makes no difference to me but am interested out of curiosity

J

2. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

Well, we don't know where you are or what country the motorcycle was originally sold in or it's year or VIN.

I don't believe there was an XJ750N in the US at least. The N would be a 1985 model and we had the XJ700N. There may have been an XJ750N in other countries.

The only 1985 XJ750 in my reference is the XJ750XN. It was a 1985, water cooled and sold in Canada

When you have the VIN we can help sort it out. You'll need the info to get correct parts.

3. thebat

thebat New Member

Sorry bit vague. I'm in the UK dont know if this is an import bike but will see what I can find.

But I can confirm the bike is 1985,water cooled and faired model. I'm getting the feeling someones telling porkies but will get some photos sent to me, its a project bike that my brother bought and has never done anything to or even done his license...

4. thebat

thebat New Member

Sorted it, some one was talking out the top of there head the badge on the side gives it away!! lol its a 1985 XJ750 E I.

Have posted a pic on another thread.

Jon

5. thebat

thebat New Member

Haha closer inspection reveals that the fairings are not original and its a E-II not I will get bike home nxt wkend and start my todo list