1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Hello from Florida

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by m2bueller, Sep 18, 2006.

1. m2bueller

m2bueller New Member

I recently came into possesion of a 1982 (I think) XJ750J. It's a basket case but everything it there including the owners manual. This is actually my 2nd XJ. My first was a Seca 650 turbo that I bought brand new in a crate from a dealer in 1986. What a blast to ride.

2. Robert

Robert Active Member

Welcome to you! Sounds like you enjoy a challenge (how many folks like to get their bikes in pieces?). Still got the turbo?

3. BlueMaxim

BlueMaxim Active Member

Welcome aboard! Well if it is an 82 the VIN# will have 15R in it right after the JYA. There is a Florida carb clinic cooking on the xj owners list so if you're near Orlando you may be in luck. So how much of a basket case is it?

4. welderflame

welderflame Member

Welcome m2 I live in Ocala Fl. I'm interested in the carb clinic also Keep me informed.

5. HooNz

HooNz Member

Hiya too.

6. faighaigh

faighaigh Member

Watcha.

I had a biker friend lived in Jacksonville named Todo lost touch when we moved to Spain, I don't suppose any of you blokes know him?

Faighaigh.

7. m2bueller

m2bueller New Member

Thanks guys.
    Sorry the Seca is long since gone. A pregnant X wife came before me riding. :(

The bike is a complete and total basket. The engines been pulled and the head is off. Apparently someone in it's history put engine oil in the trans and trans fluid in the motor.
    The wheels, tank, seat and fenders are off. The frame still hase the wiring harness attached and everything is still there. At this point I'm starting to think is will be a parts bike. Even if I put is back together It wouldn't be worth what it would cost me to fix up.

8. m2bueller

m2bueller New Member

Well guys, After sorting through everything it appears that the Maxim will be a parts bike. I just don't have enough room or time to start working on it.
    I've started some Ebay auctions and will be putting more up soon.
    Ebay auctions
    If anyone has any parts they need let me know.

9. Robert

Robert Active Member

How much for the carbs and tool kit?

10. m2bueller

m2bueller New Member

Now that they're up on Ebay, I need to let the auction run. If you bid and win let me know before paying. I'll knock 10% off of the final winning price.

11. Robert

Robert Active Member

Appreciate the consideration! I'll see how much SHMBO will let me play with.

12. faighaigh

faighaigh Member

Robert are you a man or a mouse? Hmm, nice piice of cheese this.

She who must be obeyed. I use the whole line. She who knows all and must be obeyed. But then I married Encyclopedia Brittanica or Denise as I call her when she's in earshot..

Mick Faighaigh

13. BlueMaxim

BlueMaxim Active Member

Finally , a man who speaks the truth! :lol:

14. Jazzmoose

Jazzmoose Member

Aw, I never listen to anything Barb says. I'm the boss and she knows it. And I'm not afraid to say so, as she's out of town today...

15. Foximus

Foximus Member

m2Bueller apparently is following me...

=]

16. m2bueller

m2bueller New Member

HEY FOX! LOL
    I didn't know you had an XJ.
    Is that your house on Alafaya? I think I recognized your Jeep.

17. Robert

Robert Active Member

Sorry Mick, unemployed right now and I'm not buying anything until I get a job and/or my retirement pension kicks in. My beloved, Andrea, runs our finances with incredible skill and in good, responsible fashion; I'm sticking to the budget. She hadn't given me my allowance this month (probably because we haven't any spare income) and I'm not about to assume I can be careless at this point in time. No mistake, I'm blessed with a wonderful wife who looks after me and gives me all the time I need when I have a project on the burner. I keep in mind that my wife can view my posts at any time but it has never been an issue. I've never given her reason to be concerned about anything I've written or will write. If I thought I had a spare couple of dollars lying around I would make an offer, but I have to be mindful that my daughter is counting on me to provide and that is an issue I take with the greatest concern possible. Heck, I've even stopped riding recreationally so as not to spend money on un-needed trips. The lean times will be over soon (God willing) and I'll be able to play, err... pay again soon!

18. m2bueller

m2bueller New Member

No worries man.
    I'm a "stay at home dad myself"
    I got a couple of things going on the side that bring me in play money to do things like build my chopper.
    My boss understands that I need more to life than taking care of the house and watching our boys. She knows that I busted my ass in the corporate life for a looooong time to get us to this point.

When the time is right, I'm sure the parts will be here for you.

19. Robert

Robert Active Member

Kindly thought, thank you. Interviewed yesterday, expect a contract tomorrow!

20. faighaigh

faighaigh Member

Robert.

Sorry to hear you are unemployed at present I know from friends and family in the states how difficult it can be, but I'm sure you'll be gainfully employed again soon.

I know I make the usual husband and wife remarks but I have to admit that after 42 years married to my good lady I am as happy now as I was the day we wed, she tells me. But give my wife responsibility of our finances!!!!! I'd be broke in short order and the grandkids would get their inheritance early.

Mick Faighaigh