1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82 xj1100 project

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by wlsmoku, Nov 6, 2009.

1. wlsmoku

wlsmoku New Member

this will be an on going thread, so it's far from being done. current state is basically ride height mock up only. I bought this 82 xj1100 for $900 with 35k miles on it and the owner said the clutch was slipping. got it home and it was 1st and 2nd dog ears in the trans. no biggie....grinding stone and a days worth of work and she ran flawless.

pic when I got her (in all her stock glory haha)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

plans are to stretch the rear 6" and add 12 degrees rake to the neck. I still need to get the 32 ford tail light mounted with my plate, the new headlight, and fab or buy some forward controls.

as she sits now:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mods currently done are:
    handlebars
    la rosa single seat
    grips (not fond of and will change)
    white walls with rattle can wheels
    round bar for rear shocks (mock up once again)

I havent made up my mind if I want to make it a rigid with a shock seat, or and dual shocks and keep the swing arm. still not sure of color or if I am going to change out the handlebars as well. old school gages to come and I will be fabbing up exhaust for it as well, so it won't look like it currently is.

anywho - not a ton of progress, but I gotta start a thread sometime, right :)

thanks for lookin!

2. skillet

skillet Active Member

Nice bike to start a project with! Where did you get your '32 tail light and what type gauges are you calling "old school"? REAL good start on your thread. Looking forward to the rest of it...

skillet

3. wlsmoku

wlsmoku New Member

thanks skillet - tail light was off fleabay, and the gauge.....haven't pin pointed what I envision in my head, but maybe something similar to this:

[​IMG]

4. parts

parts Member

all i can say is................ WOW!

5. wlsmoku

wlsmoku New Member

haha not a fan I take it?

6. parts

parts Member

no,i think it looks great. wow as in cool,bitch'n, right on,awsome,boss,
    etc,etc.

7. wlsmoku

wlsmoku New Member

roight on - wasn't sure how to take it, and ya can never please everyone, ya know :)

btw - put a lot of miles on it yesterday, and I gotta tell ya, these specific seat springs suck! does anyone have any personal experience with good seat springs, or a seat shock that they can recommend? I am 6'1" and 215 if that matters.

8. kampe3355

kampe3355 New Member

I have a 82 XJ11 and I would like to know where you mounted the ign. I want to change my bars also.