1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

TC Bros forward controls

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by lastlaugh, Oct 23, 2009.

1. lastlaugh

lastlaugh New Member

I've seen a few bikes on here with them installed. They look like they mount a little high on the frame. Anybody had problems with where they mount as far as riding position?

Also do the the foot pegs look like they can be swapped for a folding set? It's hard to tell how integrated the actual peg is to the control from pictures on their site. The toe pegs look like they're threaded on but the foot peg looks like part of the pivot.

I was gonna fab my own but for the price it's hard to not just pick up a set. I'll probably wind up chopping them up anyways lol. Need some opinions fellas.

2. danamoose

danamoose Member

I have a set on my bobber project now......I havent ridden it yet, but they feel prety good when I sit on it. The peg mounts just like pegs on a bicycle. The peg is the nut and the mounting bolt goes right through the bracket. I dont know that a folding set would mount very easily though.
    I should have new pics of my bike up before too long and you can check it out. Mine is an 1100 though FYI.
    -Dana

3. lastlaugh

lastlaugh New Member

So the peg itself is threaded? I'm sure I can thread something else on to hold a folding set. I was more concerned that the peg was machined as a part of the pivoting bushing.

Thanks a bunch and let me know when you get some new pics of your bike out. Definetly wanna check it out.

4. bossnoss77

bossnoss77 Member

i have those controls an my bike. with the stock seat and frame for a maxim or a seca the riding position was fine. now i have lowered my bike and customized the frame and seat. the pegs are to close now. i am going to extend them forward like 3 or 4 inches. they basically consist of four pieces.
    the frame mount, the peg, the pivot, and the pivot peg.
    the peg screws on to the frame mount and the pedal pivots on the peg.
    i dont know how easy it would be to run aftermarket pegs with this set up. if you look at my gallery i should have some photos of the set up. good luck

5. swguy270

swguy270 Member

I have the TC Bros forwards on my XJ650. The foot peg is an integrated part of the pivot. If you want folding pegs, you may want to look into fabing them yourself. As for the location, I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam. I am very comfortable on the bike. Much more so than with the stock locations. My legs aren't really stretched out, mind you, but I love them. Well worth the money.

6. swguy270

swguy270 Member

oops... just realized how old this post was....

7. swguy270

swguy270 Member

oops... just realized how old this post was....

8. BillB

BillB Active Member

its ok, we are still reading it

9. amfmtxca

amfmtxca Member

I have forward controls on my Maxim they came on the bike they are great the one draw back is I think the all thread that was used to connect them is too thin needs to be a little beefier my Harleys had forwad mounts and one had a rachet lid shifter (Jockey Shift) that was a blast to ride took about 100 stop and goes to get the foot clutch and hand shift in sync maybe down the road I might try that on this bike

10. amfmtxca

amfmtxca Member

I have forward controls on my Maxim they came on the bike they are great the one draw back is I think the all thread that was used to connect them is too thin needs to be a little beefier my Harleys had forwad mounts and one had a rachet lid shifter (Jockey Shift) that was a blast to ride took about 100 stop and goes to get the foot clutch and hand shift in sync maybe down the road I might try that on this bike