1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Project Update

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by spltshft, Feb 4, 2010.

1. spltshft

spltshft Member

Well I have finally done enough to the bike to warrant an update. I stared with an 1982 XS400J I know it is not technically an "XJ" but it is close enough. I built a shed/workshop to house my new found treasure over the winter and started the disassembly. As this is the first bike I have ever owned let alone worked on it took some time. But I finally have the frame stripped of all her parts. I was going to just find the missing parts need and put it on the road but I noticed that the left side bracket for the rear fender and rusted off. So I then decided to strip it and make sure there was no other frame damage. much to my surprise the frame actually looks real good for being almost 30 years old. So now it is time to ship the frame off to get blasted fixed and coated and while I wait for that I am going to rebuild my 400cc power plant that has been lying dormant for the last 10 years. Unfortunately due the recent break in at my house I no longer have a digital camera to upload pics but hopefully soon. Time is a wasting and my wife is giving me the "you still exist?" look, so that means back to the shed/man room.

2. ZaGhost

ZaGhost Member

Excellent, get her working, mine sat for 7 years.
    After sitting so long the carbs will need special attention :)

3. RookieRider

RookieRider Member

Are you restoring to showroom or chopping/bobbing???

4. spltshft

spltshft Member

I would like to restore to showroom quality for sure, money might be an issue, but with some small changes like led signals.