1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Title ID question

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by tonyp12, Oct 23, 2006.

  1. tonyp12

    tonyp12 Member

    Messages:
    179
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    TX
    Hello, I have a curious question.

    I am in the planning stage for title transfer:

    I noticed that the VIN # on this bike does not match exactly with what's on the Title-Originally from NY

    Was wondering if this was standard procedure for NewYork?

    The number on the Title has the 4th,5th,6th,12th,13th,14th,15th,16th,17th character/number (not counting the spaces) from the ID number on the bike.

    ZZZxZxxx_x_ZZxxxxxx


    Z representing the letters.
    x representing the numbers
    _ representing space

    Not putting the actual values in for internet security reasons.


    Any ideas?
     
  2. tonyp12

    tonyp12 Member

    Messages:
    179
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    TX
    OOPS- stupid mistake.

    The number that matches the title is actually physically stamped in the metal on the front suspension tube.

    I was only looking at the "sticker"

    Oh well- live and learn.
     

Share This Page