1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1985 maxim x 700 partout

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by FUZZOFDARKNESS, Mar 13, 2010.

1. streetbrawler750

streetbrawler750 Member

It will be hidden in my fairing, I seen there was no back on it, if it still functions as a tach i would be interested, if it was cheap enough

2. FUZZOFDARKNESS

FUZZOFDARKNESS Member

well i never actually saw the tach work because the bike didn't really run, and you'll have to splice the wires, there plenty of wire attatched, if you want to give it a try send me 10 bucks to cover shipping and its yours

3. hezbak

hezbak New Member

Hi....im looking for two ignition coils and a starter. Any chance you have them? thanks in advance

Hezbak

4. FUZZOFDARKNESS

FUZZOFDARKNESS Member

5. nkavanau

nkavanau Member

Hey Fuzzodarkness,
    Any chance you still have the ignition (with key), and the helmet lock? If so, how much, Shiipng would be to Vancouver, BC, Canada V5C 6N4

Thanks,
    Neil

6. DIGX1MAXIMX

DIGX1MAXIMX New Member

How does the tail light assembly look? How about the grab rails that have the Maxim X on the sides? I'd be interested in those parts. PM me with details... thanks,
    CaM

7. DaPuff

DaPuff New Member

I just wanted to say Thank You to FuzzOfDarkness for the excellent communication and prompt shipping, even with his apparent Internet issues. The Paypal transaction went smoothly, and I appreciated his honesty on the quality and condition of the parts I asked about. Thanks again!

8. FUZZOFDARKNESS

FUZZOFDARKNESS Member

PMs sent, thanks to dapuff for the friendly words, the world is messed up, but not everyone is out to get you. some of us still have our heads on straight

by the way i do have a genuine yamaha service manual

9. FUZZOFDARKNESS

FUZZOFDARKNESS Member

pics sent to DIGX1MAXIMX

10. madguitarmatt

madguitarmatt New Member

I need the carb covers that say 5 valve, and the back signal boots, and the gas cap if its in good shape
    ...any chance?

11. maxim400

maxim400 Member

If you have the tool box lock assy with key available I'm interested.If so how much for shipping to Richmond,BC,Canada V6V 3C5.

12. maxim400

maxim400 Member

I know there is know toolbox lock on this bike.PLease diregard my last post.I guess I am to eager to find one.

13. K.J.S.

K.J.S. New Member

If you still have it, I need the gauge for rpm. Mine has a crack in it, so maybe could make 1 good one from 2.
    Also, the handlebar grips from both sides. The switches from the left side, and the metal part that holds the left pillion peg (with the peg too pls)

Now the hard part - I'm in england. I have paypal though and there's online courier people that deliver for cheap prices.

14. FUZZOFDARKNESS

FUZZOFDARKNESS Member

sorry tach gone, grips i threw away, switches gone, the only thing i have that you want is the peg and bracket but the peg suffered some damage, sorry

15. dbikers

dbikers Member

do you still have the 5-valve covers? i didn't see that they are gone so i'll throw my name in the hat too

16. guzzijohn

guzzijohn New Member

still have speedo? I need something to replace the kph item on my XJR400. Guzzi John-Champlin,Mn :wink:

17. FUZZOFDARKNESS

FUZZOFDARKNESS Member

i do still have the 5 -valve covers, each one is missing 1 tab, so you have 4 out of 6 to work with, they could use alittle cleaning up, but aren't in bad shape, 20 bucks + a few bucks for shipping and they're yours.

as for the speedo, it took a hit from the bike tipping, not in good shape at all, from the view of the driver it looks ok but the back is kinda thrashed, also you'll have to splice in the wires, plenty of wire to work with, i never saw it work due to the fact the bike wasn't drivable, but if you want to give it a try, send 10 bucks to cover shipping and its yours(to 48 states)

anyone need anything let me know, have an entire engine/trans, although the bike needed carb work i heard each cylinder fire when spraying cleaner into it, can't tell about the trans, but i really feel you might be able to through it in and go, no guarantees though, also have nice rims, forks, countless other components, tci, starter, wires, about 90% of bike is still for sale , plenty of parts left

18. pygmy_goat

pygmy_goat Member

If it's not too much work, maybe you could list what you still have for sale?

19. FUZZOFDARKNESS

FUZZOFDARKNESS Member

SORRY CAN'T LIST ALL THAT STUFF, WAY TO MUCH, I DON'T HAVE THE CARBS, STATOR, ROTOR,BACKREST, ONE SIDE COVER, HANDLEBAR SWITCHES, AND MASTER CYLINDER, I SOLD THOSE ITEMS, I'M SURE THERE IS MORE BUT, I REALLY HAVE MOST OF THE BIKE STILL. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU NEE.

20. dbikers

dbikers Member

pm'd ya...