1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

81 XJ650 Electric Issues - Wireing Diagram Needed

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by perryfager81, May 2, 2010.

1. perryfager81

perryfager81 Member

Hi,

I'm trouble shooting why I don't have spark in cylinder's 2&3 on my bike. I've reversed the coils and both work, I've also replaced the CDI box. I found a loose wire and put a new end on it and followed the wireing diagram which I found on the internet. However its not for my year or model of bike or something.

Anyway, If you have a US 81' XJ650 Maxima could you take a picture of your CDI box so I can see how the wireing is susposto be connected, or scan the eletrical diagram from your manual.

Thanks,

Perry

2. markie

markie Member

3. perryfager81

perryfager81 Member

That link is helpfull, It will be nice to use that when I re-wire the bike. But I'm looking for something like, this color wire goes on this contact. or a photo of the plug. I took mine apart and would like to know how to put it back togeather again. I don't think it was correct when I got it.

4. markie

markie Member

Here is a sketch of my TCI but I believe the plugs are opposite on the xj600. Use at your own risk!
    [​IMG]

Use the wiring diagram to see which wire goes where.

5. perryfager81

perryfager81 Member

Progress!! I just started plugging stuff in till something happened. This is what I came up with, turns out the diargam I had is right, I was just reading it wrong.. anyway.. hope this helps someone else.

As to the no spark issue. I'm pretty sure now it's the Pick Up Coil, because when I reverse the Orange and the Gray I get spark in 2&3. When I reverse the Black and the Brown nothing changes. Going to look around for a pick up coil now.

Thanks for your help

Perry

Attached Files:

6. snowwy66

snowwy66 Member

anyone else have a wiring diagram they might be able to post. i've printed the one that was included in the link in the above post. but without the names of the components. it's kinda worthless. i've got a red wire that goes from the battery to the fuse box. then it goes to something i have no idea what. the second fuse has a striped wire that goes to a part i have no idea what.

i really don't want to tear the wiring harness apart so i can trace every single wire on this bike just to know where what goes to what part. and still not know what the part is called.

7. perryfager81

perryfager81 Member

8. maliblueman

maliblueman New Member

ok sorry to cut in with out any help but i am having wireing problems as well Does any one now what color wires go to the side stand safety switch and where the start from.

9. wizard

wizard Active Member

Side stand should have: blue/yellow--------black---------green/blue.
    L/Y goes to the diode & side stand relay.
    B is common.
    G/L goes to the meter lights.