1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Seca Turbo

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by TexinMaine, May 19, 2010.

1. TexinMaine

TexinMaine New Member

What years where the xj650 turbo's manufactured? A guy has one for sale he says is a 1984. But everything I have tried to search only mentions 1982 and 1983. He says it is a xj650lk, I think the "lk" part might identify the year but I cant find a reference. Thanks!

Tex

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

"LK" is the designation for a 1983 model; 650 Turbo's were only made in 1982 and 1983.

3. TexinMaine

TexinMaine New Member

Thank you!

4. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

You're welcome. Buy it.....1983 versions are quite rare. And very expensive to fix, if it's missing some unique parts or has a bad turbo....

5. dinoracer

dinoracer Member

You need to make sure that it runs, If it hesitates at all replace the spark plugs. This bike will go through spark plugs every 3 thousand miles.Bike will stutter after 6000rpm in second and get worse as you go through the gears. The ignition system on these bikes really need some oomph. Other than the turbo, which if needs replacement can be had on EBAY but buyer beware. They can be rebuilt but it costs about 350 for the basic rebuild. If you do get it running, ride it once a week to keep everything lubed up and the oil from pooling up in the turbo. I drove mine every day for the past three years until I was taken out by a car. Bike will be rebuilt, it will just take time. any questions just PM me.

Sean