1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Huge Sale on mufflers

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by brackett7, May 26, 2010.

1. brackett7

brackett7 Member

JC Whitney has a huge sale on a few of there slip on mufflers. i just got a pair that were normally about $45 and i got them for $12 each.........

2. ShiftyEddie

ShiftyEddie Member

Wow, really good prices..Also found some other bargain items on the site.

Thanks!!! :D

3. hezbak

hezbak New Member

Brackett7....THANKS for the tip. I just ordered some.

4. lopezfr2

lopezfr2 Member

good call man, id really like to get a pair of the 2" tapered end ones, but they're straight pipes and im looking to get something quieter. is there anyway i can pack them to quiet them down? ive heard people say you can stuff them with steel wool, but im not sure if that would work.

5. brackett7

brackett7 Member

I cant believe how cheap there selling some stuff. I have been wanting a pair of mufflers for a while but i dont have much cash. some of there stuff is 75% off and orders over $75 have free shipping......

6. Stonerman33

Stonerman33 New Member

Took advantage of this myself, couple mufflers for 12.42 each, and I also had a 20% off coupon emailed to me earlier, so $26 shipped... Use code BUY4DAD thru 6/3 to get free shipping too. I missed out on that one, and it excludes heavy items, but I thought I'd throw it out there for the rest of ya.

7. brackett7

brackett7 Member

i got my new mufflers over the weekend and put them on. they look and sound great.

8. st_pinetree

st_pinetree New Member

Which ones did you order? Did they bolt up to the stock mounting points OK? Any fabrication required? I'm thinking of ordering a couple.

9. brackett7

brackett7 Member

I got the Slash-cut Side-draft Muffler. The mounting bracket is just a chrome plate. I had to loose fit it and mark where to drill the hole.
    One the left side i turned the bracket upside down and but the extra material on the bottom. I then marked a line that was level to the ground and as close to the bottom of the muffler as possible. I then put it in my bench vice and applied just a little heat and bent it over on the line i drew. that created the perfect stop for the center stand.

they do not come with clamps and the stock clamps are attached to the stock mufflers. i would suggest you order the clamps. I didn't and i am currently using hose clamps until the clamps come in.

10. dbikers

dbikers Member

c'mon man....pics [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. brackett7

brackett7 Member

ok ok i will but pics up tonight as long as its not raining

12. Stonerman33

Stonerman33 New Member

haha, agreed, pics... I ordered the same pipes for my (new to me)XJ650. Hopefully they show up by the weekend so I can try and put them on, but a little heads up as to what I need to do is always appreciated. I vote for video too, let's hear 'em!

13. brackett7

brackett7 Member

I am a little ashamed because i got caught in a rain storm on the way home and there is a lot of road grime on bike and chrome. It all really shines when its clean. it was until today..... the best part of it is i get to clean it again.

[​IMG]

Right side of bike

[​IMG]

Right side muffler bracket

[​IMG]

left side muffler bracket

[​IMG]

left side bracket turned upside down and bent over to create a rest for center stand

14. dbikers

dbikers Member

wow, those look great...would love to hear 'em also!

ps...which ones did you get?
    [​IMG]

the cheapest is $39.99 each (other one is $63.99 each).

15. Stonerman33

Stonerman33 New Member

Thanks for the pics, now at least I have an idea of what I should expect when I throw them on mine this weekend... Assuming the mailman brings them by then. Also picked up a $30 full-face from JC Whitney too... Nothing too special, but can't beat the price. That snowmobile helmet gets awful warm in the 90degree heat.

16. brackett7

brackett7 Member

i got the slash-cut side-draft. However i only paid 12.95. they were on sale....

17. koolaid5

koolaid5 Member

Are they not on sale anymore? I want to hear those bad larrys. Post up a vid. I just got some screamin eagle slip ons, but if I can get something REALLY cheap that kicks ass I'll sell the other ones.