1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Installed dynojet stage 3 and bike wont start now grrr!

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by xtrmbldr911, Jun 26, 2010.

1. xtrmbldr911

xtrmbldr911 Member

So to combat my lean issue due to running pods and open header i purchased a dynojet stage 3 jet kit. Installed it earlier last week, put in the largest jets that came with the kit, put their fuel needle on the 3rd groove, and drilled out the fuel slides like the instructions said. I go to start the bike up and all it does now is crank...I have spark, fuel, and air it just sits there and cranks. This is super frustrating and I dont know where to go from here.
    Rundown:
    Carbs are clean
    Pass the CLUNK test
    have spark
    have fuel
    pilot circuit - shoots carb cleaner ~ 6 feet

where do i go from here im lost :S

2. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

charge up the battery then try to start it after a few tries pull a few plugs and see if their wet or dry
    it might be getting too much gas, make sure the choke plungers are down all the way if the plugs are wet
    are the floats somewhere in the ballpark ?
    try full throttle till it fires to give it more air

3. Bushy

Bushy Active Member

Put th fuel tap on PRIme and fill th carb bowls??

4. snowwy66

snowwy66 Member

if you pull the plugs out and they are wet. then your not getting spark. if dry, your not getting fuel.

you had the bike running before. so whatever the problem is, it's going to be something stupid. wether you may have disconnected a wire to the spark system somewhere without knowing. or screwed up the carbs somehow. (adjusting the floats too high so there's too much fuel in the bowls). or installed jets that are bigger then needed.

5. xtrmbldr911

xtrmbldr911 Member

Lol turns out all that was needed was new plugs! Now to resync cuz I thought the sync was way off and opened the butterflies more :)

6. xtrmbldr911

xtrmbldr911 Member

just wanted to update this for everyone that was curious...I swapped the plugs and resynced the carbs the bike starts right up and idles beautifully! I have the pilots set 3 turns out which seems to be a tad rich so once i get my colortune in ill be dialing that in, but even so with the bigger jets and slides drilled the bike runs great, even a tad rich power delivery is top notch and I find myself holding on tight as i roll back on the throttle. Pods and open headers with the stage III kit is a winner in my book!

7. oldschool550

oldschool550 New Member

i have the same jett kit and having some issue setting the new neddle vaulves their are six slots on the vaulve to set it i didnt get any papperwork or instruction with my kit and wanted to know wayr to set them i am alson running cone filters and open headers

8. apezman07

apezman07 New Member

youre gonna have to adjust the mixture screws. dynojet suggests 3.5 turns out. set it there, and adjust as needed

9. kleraudio

kleraudio Member

apezman, SICK bike man, that's how I want mine to be one day! What kind of bars are those?

10. apezman07

apezman07 New Member

theyre cheap from ebay. seat and tail is off an 05 r6

11. Rayjay1959

Rayjay1959 Member

So, do you have idle problem fixxed with this $120 kit? My bike came with the pods and I'm sick of no idle unless using the choke.