1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

STILL LOOKING FOR TCI BOX FROM A XJ700N

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by brokenxj700, Aug 3, 2010.

1. brokenxj700

brokenxj700 Member

I HAVE CASH FOR A GOOD WORKING CDI BOX,THE NUMBERS SHOULD BE TID14-44
    1-570-345-4157 ASK FOR BRIAN
    THANK YOU

I FOUND OTHER CDI BOX BUT THE NUMBERS ARE DIFFRENT,THERE STIL TID14-BUT THIS NUMBER IS DIFFRENT,DOES THIS MATTER OR NOT

2. Maan

Maan Member

Re: STILL LOOKING FOR CDI BOX FROM A XJ700N

Finding the exact same match in working condition is quiet a hectic job to be honest. You could try other CDI boxes, Its actually a TCI which you need I believe and not a CDI. I had similar issues with my XJ550 where the TCI I had went broke, started looking for the exact same number but found none. Ended up trying a different numbered TCI and she fired right up and ran great.

3. pdm75

pdm75 New Member

I'm on the hunt for the TCI box too.

Maan, (or anyone else who knows) How close was the second box you tried?
    I think I've seen on these pages that the Maxim X is different but what about something more common like an '83 Maxim?

I haven't had too many issues with my bike in the 10 years I've owned it and it drives me crazy that this part isn't made any more!

Thanks.

4. brokenxj700

brokenxj700 Member

i tryed a box from a 82 750 and it dint mach up with the prongs,,this looking for a tci box is starting to suck,its inpossible to find the same matching numbers,i did fine one like you did off a 700x but dont no if it would work

5. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

I have spares...2 to be exact. Both work. $75 tyd and they are yours. I'm done with the airheads. X's only from now on.