1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Maxim x

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by primostoy, Aug 8, 2010.

1. primostoy

primostoy New Member

Hi everyone, its been awhile since I have visited this site, I sold my '82 Maxim about 2 years ago, I've been riding a Harley Davidson Sportster lately and I'm missing the in line 4 smoothness and power. I have been looking for another Maxim, preferably the Maxim x, I do have a question maybe someone can answer, first a little background on me, I'm not too tall, 5'3" to be exact, when I rode the '82 I was always on my tiptoes when stopped, I have never sat on the '85-'86 Maxims, so I am wondering if they sat a little lower than the previous models did? I know the best way is to find one and sit on it but it seems all the ones I see for sale is like shipping distance away from me, any replies would be appreciated, thanks... :D

2. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

They are lower, don't know how much. I bought a X for my daughter to ride she is 6' tall and it was to short for her. My wife is your size and the X fit her quite well, she still prefers her XJ1100. The Maxim X or the aircolled version would be a good choice. Keep looking you'll find one near you. Post a "wanted" add on CraigsList, you might get one.

3. primostoy

primostoy New Member

Cool, thanks for the quick reply, want to sell the Maxim x, hehe...

4. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Actually sold it this spring, my daughter likes the XJ1100 better. Ineed to change my profile, I keep forgetting.

5. littlegiant

littlegiant Member

I am 5ft11 and i have 2 maxim Xs and i just love the seat height. They are about 28 inch from ground Quiet easy to handle and feels just the right size bike with lots of power for the twisties..esp city riding is easy n fun. Best thing is to try it on..i guess you will like it.

6. schooter

schooter Active Member

if you need to, savage 650 shocks drop it nicely, a real nice look.

theres a guy around me with a nice max x, he's a member on here, it only has like 5K miles and its been all gone through, i think he's asking 2K for it...

7. primostoy

primostoy New Member

Good info, got a name or #?

8. schooter

schooter Active Member

not sure he'd be happy if i just gave out his #, but here's his for sale add-

http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=27087.html