1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

PD13 live feed

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by mwhite74, Aug 13, 2010.

1. mwhite74

mwhite74 Member

for what it's worth:

PD13 downtown

I'll admit there's not much to see, but it's worth a gander yeah?

2. Ltdave

Ltdave Member

as far east as you can get in michigan 43.027407,
    not sure when you looked at it (i just checked it myself and it was pretty well petered out) but Holy CATS was it jam packed at 2 pm!

bikes up and down nearly ever cross street for 7, 8, 12 blocks and on the two parallel streets...

people coming out of every possible nook and cranny and wimmin! (as Carl would say!)

mmmmm mmmmm mmmmmmm great time and some killer looking rides. ill post some pics when i get home...

3. Galamb

Galamb Member

Well,
    I waited at Tims' from 11:30 till 12:30, but could not see any XJ riders.
    But in that mass of people anybody would have been hard to make it on time. Good thing the weather cooperated. May be even a little too much.

There were some XJ bikes and saw one just like mine, it was in a beautiful shape. But my day did not turn out as expected, my starter gave up. Had to push start it. Sounded like the bandix went. Some work for next week. Calling for rain for Saturday and Sunday, should give me a chance to look at it.

4. mwhite74

mwhite74 Member

Hopefully I can scoot down there some off-weekend :) We're (well I'm) looking forward to some pictures!

5. Altus

Altus Active Member

Lostboy and I were at Timmies from Noon - one looking for other XJ riders -- did see you Galamb - sorry.

My day ended badly too - no power to start it when I went to leave. Managed to bump start it and get just to the edge of town before it dies and would not start again for NOTHING. Not even enough juice in the battery (AGM - new this year) to make the solenoid go click... Had to get a friend from London with a pickup come out to get me *sigh*

One plus - being broke down by the side of the road allowed me to get to meet Fitz!! He happened to be on his way in and stopped to help a fellow XJ person :) As my bike was DOA, I made sure he got going into town to have some fun -- hope he did!

Greg

6. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

I was lucky and got to work all day.. YAY ME! Hope you guys had fun!

I DID get to enjoy an AWESOME ride home. The last 1/4 moon hanging in front of me low in the sky, brilliant orange, perfect temperature. Was nice!

7. Galamb

Galamb Member

Altus,
    you should have stopped me since I too was looking for any XJ riders. May be next year. There will only be one and that will be in May.
    Yes we both had problems, but I just hope I don't have to tear into mine too deep. Summer is here and want to ride. But by the time taken apart and if need parts like a starter clutch, we will be into September and the rainy season.

8. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

I took my time wandering the coast road and didn't roll into PD until around 4 or so; and it WAS INSANE.

Words don't describe. I'm waiting to see the estimate of how many bikes were there, had to be at least 100,000.

More to follow from me as well.

9. clipperskipper

clipperskipper Member

Lots of Dodge trucks however.

10. Ltdave

Ltdave Member

only saw these XJs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Stamplicker

Stamplicker Member

Posting pics soon. When finally got in there, some guy was pulling out of in front of Timmies, so snagged a perfect spot @ 12:45. Sent some messages to meet up with Altus, but Signal was Crap down there, messages coming and going when they felt like it. Buy the time I got the , where you at, I was In Simcoe on way back.

12. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

Ltdave thanks for stopping and taking time to take a picture of my bike (the white Seca)! It was a great day! Next year we will have a larger land mark to meet at like a flag or helium balloon.

13. Ltdave

Ltdave Member

i LOVE the wheels and the pinstriping on the fender...

i was wondering if it was an XJers bike because i noticed the Chacal turnsignals!

i agree with Fitz, it WAS insane!

i parked in some ladys yard (on the road in to town) where they were selling bitchwear out front...

im not going to be able to make next Mays cause ill be in denmark but i hope everyone has a great time...

14. lostboy

lostboy Well-Known Member

i LOVE the wheels and the pinstriping on the fender...

Thaks Ltdave The pin striping is just an experiment till I can find someone that can do hand painted strips.