1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

a few questions

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by ayudame, Aug 28, 2010.

1. ayudame

ayudame New Member

brand new. got the bike two months ago. i like the cafe style and was wondering about any exhaust that fit miy bike. i already know of the mac 4-1 but thats on backorder till the end of next month at least. any turns signals for a 12 volt bike can fit any other 12 volt bike, correct? and finally for now the handlebars are too high up for highway riding for my tastes so what would replace them and how challenging of an ordeal is that to accomplish? thanks for any advice or tips.

2. SovereignDragon

SovereignDragon Member

If you get 7/8 bars they are really easy to swap over. Some bars will require new cables and a new master cylinder but some won't. Of course if you find a set of 1 1/4 that you like then you can always get adapters for them, but you have to replace everything on the bars ie. master cylinder, switches, throttle, grip.

3. ayudame

ayudame New Member

i forgot about foot controls. i havent found a kit or anything that would make removing the foot controls farther back an easy task.

4. 1904xj

1904xj Member

What bars do you have on now? I had Euro bars on my bike when I got her but quickly switched them to clubman bars. Foot controls in the rear (rear sets) are kind of tricky but not rocket science you can retro fit a lot of different systems with a little inginuity. The signal light deal can go different ways 12v might not work on a 12v. It depends on the draw. I say find a set of signals you like install them and either add a resistor to the line or buy an electronic relay so they can blink.
    Here's a pic of my bike I have lil cafe thing going myself.
    [​IMG]

5. zombiehouse

zombiehouse Member

I ran an FZ600 exhaust on my bike for years. It is a 4 into 1 setup. No problems at all.

6. ayudame

ayudame New Member

i still have the stock bars that are too tall for me when hunched over at higher speeds. thats a well done bike. much cleaner than mine. what year fz600 was that exhaust for? i wasnt sure if you could fit a 4-1 for a 650 seca onto the 550 or not.

7. zombiehouse

zombiehouse Member

I got mine off an 86 FZ600. The FZ600 was produced from 86 to 89. I got mine in 87. Had it on my bike for about 10 years. I have an 82 550 Seca.

8. Dkeith

Dkeith New Member

9. ayudame

ayudame New Member

as im sure ill say many times in the future thanks for all the help