1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Manual for a 1982 Yamaha XJ750RJ SECA

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by jimgenie0906, Oct 10, 2010.

1. jimgenie0906

jimgenie0906 New Member

Searching for a manual to download but in the meantime. Where do I put the oil in? On the right hand side there is a plug I can take off, is that it? Sorry, just bought this rebuilt bike and trying to find all the components and feel I need to change the oil. I at least no how to ride now. Wow, found the battery. I am so new to bikes but like them!

2. amfmtxca

amfmtxca Member

for the manual go to Yamaha they can order a new factory manual for you and I also have a Haynes I think the other one is Clymer. I have a factory and a haynes. I have a Maxim, yes the plug on the rightside is the oil fill and down at the bottom same side is the oil level window bike needs to be on the center stand or somebody holding it straight up and all I can say is read everything on here and ask all questions there are no stupid questions good luck

3. jimgenie0906

jimgenie0906 New Member

I found it and the oil level is max. I have oil dripping from below but I noticed that there is alot of old oil on the bottom and seems to heat up and drip off. Gotta clean it good and see if there are any leaks. Is it okay to use a power washer to spray the underside of the bike?

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Not really; use a citris-based engine cleaner on a COLD motor; and flush it off with lots of LOW PRESSURE water, like from your garden hose. A pressure washer can drive water INTO the motor, not a good thing.

5. crow

crow Member