1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Yeeee Haw! look what I just won on Fle-Bay

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by thecamelman79, Nov 28, 2010.

1. thecamelman79

thecamelman79 Member

2. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

You have GOT to be kidding! What a find! Did you run out and buy any lottery tickets or do you just figure your luck has completely run its course after the radio find?

Loren

3. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

Good price if the radio/speakers do in fact work.

Are you planning on keeping the OLD radio in it and just listening to AM/FM?

- - -

I recently acquired another Windjammer (installed) that came with the Cycle Sound shell, speaker covers (no speakers), old crusty cassette radio and laminar (hidden) antenna (in poor shape).

I found a modern marine (so they claim) shaft style radio with 4" speakers (some variance in sizes on those shells). I also grabbed a new antenna and radio cover.

It hasn't shipped yet from Amazon but if I could provide a review later and/or link.

Overall not quite as cheap as your find (assuming keeping original equipment inside it).

If you need pics/dimension of the mounting clips that attach to the grill holes and windshield let me know.

4. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

FYI: That is the "Vetter" branded (not by Craig Vetter himself). Though basically identical to the "Cycle Sound" shells they typically have 5" speakers.

So be sure to measure before you consider any upgrades.

My Cycle Sound shell holds 4" speakers.

5. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I just got one of those locally, It was attached to a XJ1100. Paid 200$ for the bike and radio.

6. thecamelman79

thecamelman79 Member

I'm thinking I'm going to keep to original look as long as everything works of course.I just like the older look! I' will more then likely splice in and aux jack for my I-pod of course. I think I as much stoked about haveing a coffee cup grove holders as I am about the radio.

Mlew-good find on the XJ-Is it a parts bike or a running? I ask becuase I have an 82 xj 1100 that needs a good tranny or a dremel on 1st and 2nd.

7. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

Just thought I'd let you see what I bought off Amazon in case you are in need of a Marine Shaft radio.

It comes with 4" speakers. If you need 5" and ever buy that kit, I'd probably buy your extra speakers and install them in my hard saddle bags :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002E9 ... os_product

Its hardly high quality, but for the price its hard to beat for a 1st radio on my bike. If it is a decent radio but no loud enough, I'd probably get an amp and 2nd set of speakers later.

Also grabbed:
    Antenna
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N5 ... os_product

Radio Shield
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MC ... os_product

Surprisingly the radio kit is cheaper on Amazon than fleabay. The other parts are available and about the same price.

8. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Mlew-good find on the XJ-Is it a parts bike or a running? I ask becuase I have an 82 xj 1100 that needs a good tranny or a dremel on 1st and 2nd.[/quote]

Its a runner with title, 1st gear was out. Its a project for my brother in law. Everything has been fixed and it looks real nice now. He just needs to finish the paint on the tank and faring. I have done several fixes on XJ/XS 1100 gears, send me a PM if you have any questions.

9. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

Just a preview. My radio (only) showed up today. Sooner than expected but no complaints!

[​IMG]

The speakers are definitely CHEAP. They didn't even bother branding their name onto them. Oh well. I can upgrade in the spring!

10. rpgoerlich

rpgoerlich Member

Nice Score.
    This Summer I got one like it on my 81XS11 Venturer, Only difference is the weather enclosure. The Pyle Radio($32)was a cheap fit for the cyclesounds enclosure I picked up for $40 with the speakers, weather enclosure and laminar antenna new. I need to make some good mounting brackets for it. 2gb song limit on the card sucks though.

[​IMG]

I just picked up a Scalarider G4 that I use when riding the other 2 bikes. Works great. Been playin Tunein Radio off of my HTC Evo, WRIF, KLBJ Bob FM ect.

[​IMG]

11. clipperskipper

clipperskipper Member

Tunes to go, very cool!

12. alaskazzr

alaskazzr Member

I also have the G4 along with my wife and parents. We LOVE those units, as they allowed us to all 4 talk on our 5500 mile cross-country ride this past fall.

13. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

I have two of those out in the shop wrapped in plastic. I didn't realize they are getting so rare. Maybe I should post them on the FOR SALE board and see how many hits I get!!
    There are also some after market models (I have one of those also) that are made to mount on your handlebars if you don't have a fairing. They are a little smaller (narrower) than the Vetter brand, but have 4" speakers and don't sound too bad.