1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

I dont know why you guys hate winter, I sure dont! -OT

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by schooter, Jan 5, 2011.

1. schooter

schooter Active Member

2. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Schooter, back in the '70s, I used to work for a snowmobile company.

Started in the factory, ended up in R&D on the racing team and pre-production product test team. We once ran a night race at the Caro fairgrounds that was BRUTAL. I never want to be that cold again.

I'm lucky to be alive. You have fun with that. I'm gonna sit in warm comfort and drink beer. Better than drinking Southern Comfort in 9* weather.

Young whippersnapper.

3. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Winter would be fun around here if we would get snow. I would like to try a snowmobile sometime. Central NC winters are wet and cold most of the time. If we getsnow it only last for a few days, I have a ATV for snow fun and summer fun.

4. schooter

schooter Active Member

you know, they started that race back up, and I used to race "vintage sleds" I had a 73 285 puma with a 340 sachs that was highly illegal because it was free air and had a slide carb. but this sachs motor is the same that goes in the rokon motorcycles, which made it valuable. anyways, we didnt put money into it just ran it, with an automobile style exhaust, no expansion chamber, and it has brass bushings for the crank, so it didnt turn high rpms, needless to say, i got passed, even going down the straight away

5. skillet

skillet Active Member

schooter, Winter is an entirely different animal down here...

skillet
    BTW and besides that I still hate being that cold!!!

6. cutlass79500

cutlass79500 Well-Known Member

we live in the south to be warmer thats why we moved from up north. Its not supposto be this cold. A week or 2 ago we were having 12-15 degree low temps with 15-20 MPH winds Burr. Something is going on the weather gets colder every year it seems

7. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

Aint saying that global warming is a myth but we have been freezing our keesters off here in the Northwest for nearly 2 months! It got down to 13*F a couple times in November.'

Anymore global warming and I think we'll freeze to death!

Loren

8. cutlass79500

I agree I moved up to Atlanta from Daytona Beach 10 years ago still have famlily down there the temps have Dropped in the winters about 15 degrees and colder longer just like here

9. alaskazzr

alaskazzr Member

I love winter. Global warming is alive and well in AK. The past 7 days have been above 40 degrees. We've been lovin' it, and so have the bikes!

We don't need no stinkin' snowmachines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The ~ 350 cold-cutter tire studs help a lot.

10. dwcopple

dwcopple Active Member

WOW! I want that bike in a bad way! Shooter should've sold me that Husky he had a while back.

11. schooter

schooter Active Member

lol i sold my bike for 3 times what you were offering me, otherwise, it woulda been all yours

12. Mikko

Mikko Member

It's ridiculously cold, too much snow and I don't have snowmobile, so not hard to guess how I feel about this time of year :evil: i've been tempted to buy snowmobile, but can't ride it in the city and don't have place for it so no luck there :?

When I still lived countryside with my parents, my dad had tuned up Yamaha Phazer, that was fun machine :D

13. Mad_Bohemian

Mad_Bohemian Active Member

That brings back some memories schooter... (dayum I sound like an old geezer..wait.. I am an old geezer 8O ) Get some vid of you catching air with that badd boy!! (but do it safely... :wink: )
    Back in the day my brother and I used to terrorize the country side around Jamestown Michigan. We didn't have no facy azz sleds though, we had the old tanks of yesteryear!! 8)

check out the suspension (or lack of..) on this bad boy!! LOL

[​IMG]
    You've watched Top Gear, right?? (not the US version..) well..I think this is the earliest appearance of the Stig ever recorded .. 8)

..I think we had this sled in the air as much as we had it on the ground LOL. Nuttin better than finding some sharp ridge or rise and launching yourself 15-20' through the air with that old tank! Landings were a little rough, but hey, we were tough kids. LOL If my old man knew half the crap we did with those sleds... I probably wouldn't be here today LOL

14. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

Boy, I moved out here to SoCal to get away from that crap. In fact, I'm thinking of moving to someplace even hotter.

You want snow? Great. You can have mine.

15. cutlass79500

maybe its me i used to love the snow when i was a kid. Now i like to see it coming down glad it goes away in a day or to. Not sure exactly whats gonna happen here in Atl Sun-Tue but i don't like the sounds of freezing rain then turning to snow then back to freezing rain. In my area the news predicted 6+ inches guess after i pick up my new project bike tomorrow i will be filling up the generator and getting it ready just in case

16. Zookie400

Zookie400 Active Member

we got hit pretty hard in CT last night. from about 10pm - 3am all i could hear was sled tearing up and down the roads. i wish i still had mine, unfortunately my dad had a bad crash on it and it didnt survive.

i would love to get my hands on a arctic cat z1 turbo or even better would be their once every several year release of a sno-x race sled. you know, the sled that come with a disclaimer saying "dont take this out on the trails, its a race machine and was not designed to run reliably longer than one race." i had a few minutes on the older 440 they released (2000?) and it was incredible. definitely a track only machine but i am ok with that. the z1 turbo i would love to mod and get up to the VT trails with it.

nice sled schooter.

17. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

Schooter, I just watched your Youtube video and (gloves on) I think my Stihl 036 sounds tougher! (Gloves off). But then I watched it on my BlackBerry as my Netbook went breasts skyward yesterday. Smoke came out of the vents. Pretty sure this is a bad sign!

Loren

18. vintagerice

vintagerice Member

Schoot you need a helmet cam bro. You vid made me dizzy lol..

Rob

19. schooter

schooter Active Member

with some simple programming to the turbo and efi, those z1's will kick out I think anywhere from 220 to 240 hp. but they're trail machines only, too heavy or powder play.

I want a sno pro 500 so bad... sweetest sleds out there