1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Atari (Head) Led, can it be bypassed?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by JayEye, Feb 8, 2011.

1. JayEye

JayEye Member

I rode all last season pressing the cancel button on the atari for the head warning led, I upgraded to a bi-xenon bulb vs a high/low bulb last season on my HID kit, and since there is not a filament in the new bi-xenon bulb the warning light comes and stays on.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Is there a way I can place a resistor in line with the head lamp circuit like I did with the battery sensor to also kill the head led?

2. JayEye

JayEye Member

Bump.

No one has any input?
    I was thinking I was going to run into this problem again with the atari when I up grade the turn signal and tail/brake lights to led.
    Has any one gone through this problem before?

3. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

i took the blinking bulb out

4. CaptNemo

CaptNemo Member

I hooked up a switch in the "Check" position (that no one ever uses) that allows me to have the normal blinking warning light or shut that off and have a much smaller LED light in the switch blink for the warning. I did it for when the fuel is low and the warning light comes on around every corner . It works really well for that, maybe not so much for a permanent solution for you.
    SQLguy did a good write up on how to replace some parts on the circuit board to allow full function with LED tail lights, I used those mods and they worked great, maybe they could be adapted for the head light, but that is way beyond my knowledge, the pictures are gone but here is the link: http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=14068.html
    Good luck!

5. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

I just double hit the button and ignore the actual warning text

6. JayEye

JayEye Member

Thanks CaptNemo,

That looks real promising for the taillight, plate light and the turn signals. The other thing that I thought of would be tying the auxiliary light into the high beam, my only problem with that is obvious aux light comes along with high beam, but it would solve Atari Computer check issue.

7. JayEye

JayEye Member

Metal_Bob,

I did that for the entire season last year. This year I want the Atari to work correctly or having the appearance to work correctly to the untrained eye. Where did you order your LED bulbs through?

8. Militant_Buddhist

Militant_Buddhist Member

I bought mine with Polock's fix already done

9. schnarr

schnarr Member

i took the bulb out too.